CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

4 posters

The TRL days...

FireIce918
    FireIce918
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Female
    Rep : 8

The TRL days... Empty The TRL days...

Post by FireIce918 Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:10 am

I just finished watching "The TRL Decade" (on VH1...go figure, I guess MTV is still pissed). Talk about a whole hour of screaming, "I REMEMBER THAT!"

Was anybody else a TRL fan? Or, any memories of TRL at all? I must admit, I rushed home from high school to get my BSB/N*SYNC/Korn fix. And NO, I'm NOT ashamed LOL.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

The TRL days... Empty Re: The TRL days...

Post by Nystyle709 Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:52 am

I hardly ever watched TRL. Only if somebody was on that I was interested in.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:22 am

^^ Same here, actually I made it a point to catch Janet if she was on. And if I had been flipping through channels and seen an artist I liked, then I stayed tuned.

For the most part, I really couldn't stand 90-95% of the videos that were on the countdown, so I stayed away from it.
    captainbryce
    captainbryce
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 127

Post by captainbryce Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:23 pm

I would go down there (times square) when they were filming if there was somebody really famous that I wanted to possibly see. The time I really remember was when they had Halle Berry, Justin Timberlake and Jennifer Lopez all on the same day. Since they were all huge stars then I took a trip down there to see them. As for the show itself, well it pretty much sucked because they always had the same videos on everyday, and they didn't even play the whole thing. They'd play like 1 minute of the video, have a bunch of kids talking through it with shout outs and random screaming, then cut it off early to talk to the audience more. It was DUMB!
    FireIce918
    FireIce918
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Female
    Rep : 8

Post by FireIce918 Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:07 am

captainbryce wrote:I would go down there (times square) when they were filming if there was somebody really famous that I wanted to possibly see. The time I really remember was when they had Halle Berry, Justin Timberlake and Jennifer Lopez all on the same day. Since they were all huge stars then I took a trip down there to see them. As for the show itself, well it pretty much sucked because they always had the same videos on everyday, and they didn't even play the whole thing. They'd play like 1 minute of the video, have a bunch of kids talking through it with shout outs and random screaming, then cut it off early to talk to the audience more. It was DUMB!

That's what made me start tuning out. I used to love it when they showed the #1 video because it was the only time they didn't make room for screaming fans.

I remember in high school we took a trip to Times Square and everyone went WILD when we got to the TRL store. Coming from such a small, rural town, that was like Hollywood to us. I think most of my pics were taken in there!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 11:18 am