CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

5 posters

Good Days/Bad Days

Hyacinth Girl
    Hyacinth Girl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 70

Good Days/Bad Days Empty Good Days/Bad Days

Post by Hyacinth Girl Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:30 am

What are some good days you've had that you'll always remember? How about some bad days, too, that you'll never forget? Anything memorable, good or bad, that you'll always carry with you? Tell about it here.

A couple of good days for me, that I'll always remember, happened within this past week: I got hired to teach Clinical Chemistry, starting in September, at one of the local colleges, and yesterday, my daughter passed her road test and got her driver's license!

A bad day I'll always remember, and it's sort of comical now, but wasn't at the time, was December 24, 2009. I had recently finished chemo and started radiation therapy, and was driving home from radiation, the day before Christmas. I was at a complete stand-still at a stoplight in my then-new truck, when some pink-haired 19 year old rear-ended me at full speed. She was texting and talking with her friend in the car. Her car was totaled, but mine was only minor damage, because I have a Toyota Rav-4 and the tire on the back took most of the impact.

So I spent the rest of the afternoon, getting the insurance part going, getting my truck to the body shop, getting a rental, while freezing my ass off in the cold, running these extra unplanned errands, because I had no hair at the time and was wearing a wig, and those don't really block the wind too well.

I didn't tell the girl that hit me that I was a cancer patient--I figured she was upset enough, knowing that her parents were going to be pissed at her for totalling the car, never mind adding that to the mix. The guys at the body shop felt bad for me, and they invited me to join their Christmas lunch party they were having at that time, with their wives and families in the office. The owner of the shop handed me a set of keys to one of his personal cars and said "Here, take it." so I could get back and forth to radiation, while they worked on my truck, which was every day except weekends and holiday-days. He didn't even have me sign any rental paperwork, so that was a good ending to an otherwise shitty day.

So what stories do you have?
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Good Days/Bad Days Empty Re: Good Days/Bad Days

Post by Tony Marino Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:36 am

My darkest days are probably when my parents died. I try to treat each day as a good day and all the experiences as good experiences. I have had so many good days it would be hard to list them all but when one sticks out in my mind I will be back to post the details.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:51 am

One really good day I hope to always remember began when I saw an ad on Craigs List for someone looking to buy used boys' clothing in size five. I emailed to say I had a bunch. She replied explaining she was looking for them to send to her grandson whose father was in Iraq. Upon learning it was for a military family, I insisted they would be free. I gave her two big garbage bags full.

That was in the month of September. Before Christmas she emailed me asking to come meet us with her daughter and grandson who the clothes were sent to. So they came over and we visited for about two hours.

They had actually brought us really nice Christmas gifts. I had assumed the search for used clothes was due to financial restraints, but as it turned out, this lady was just being frugal. That is a trait I can fully appreciate. So, anyway it was such a nice visit and with such unexpected goodness from them. It was very cool.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:59 am

A good day that I will remember forever is the evening I spent with my first love.

http://www.conversationchamber.com/t5847-you-never-forget

Another good day was when I realized Brenda and I were lovers

Good Days/Bad Days 1980RobBrendaAugtxt

And a bad day I will not forget was when she died.

http://www.postpoems.org/authors/rob_boyte/poem/747749
    http://www.postpoems.org/authors/rob_boyte/poem/903822
    Cheaps
    Cheaps
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:03 am

Both times I seen Janet in concert were both really good days!! Once in 94 then again in 98.Good Days/Bad Days Dancing-smiley04

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:54 am