CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

5 posters

Somebody hurts a family member, who gets to them first, you or the cops?

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Somebody hurts a family member, who gets to them first, you or the cops? Empty Somebody hurts a family member, who gets to them first, you or the cops?

Post by Supernova Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:06 am

The 2 parter of Roseanne where Jackie's boyfriend beats her up and then Dan goes and beats him up certainly does get people talking...and for both sides...somebody said Dan beating Fisher up is no different and not any better than Fisher beating up Jackie. I say it's a completely different matter, somebody hurts your family, they have to deal with you, that's just common sense.

People love to say let the law handle it, well you know what? We've got all the jails, all the cops, all the laws, we have all that, but the law still plays yoyo with batterers and beaters, maybe they go to jail, maybe they don't, maybe it's just a misunderstanding, maybe they should've done something sooner and she wouldn't be dead, it's like spinning a roulette wheel. But to everyone here, you find out somebody has beaten up one of your relatives, one that you love, who's going to get to the bastard first, you or the cops?
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Somebody hurts a family member, who gets to them first, you or the cops? Empty Re: Somebody hurts a family member, who gets to them first, you or the cops?

Post by Alan Smithee Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:21 am

I'll give the cops the first chance. If they say "There's nothing we can do", then it's my turn.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Somebody hurts a family member, who gets to them first, you or the cops? Empty Re: Somebody hurts a family member, who gets to them first, you or the cops?

Post by Shale Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:30 am

Even cops hate to get involved with 'domestic disputes.' They risk their lives to come in and take the perp in by force and often the victim helps the perp gang up on them. That is the nature of abusive relationships.

However, let the cops deal with it because retaliation is still battery and the law may end up putting you away as well as the original batterer.

Due to the nature of the battered (usually female in a relationship) not pressing charges, many places have taken it out of their hands. If the guy is arrested for beating his SO and there is evidence like bruising/broken bones he is arrested for battery - no charges need to be pressed by anyone.

In my family, one of my young neices had an old man who tried to pull a Chris Brown on her and she fought back and kicked his ass. The whole family cheered for that one. Some women allow themselves to be abused by not fighting back, by living the bullshit cycle of contrite apologies and promises that it will never happen again (until the next time.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:00 am

Alan Smithee wrote:I'll give the cops the first chance. If they say "There's nothing we can do", then it's my turn.
    co-signs
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:54 pm

I'm having a discussion with them first. After that, we call the police.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:20 am