CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+7
RobbieFTW
TSJFan4Ever
CatEyes10736
CeCe
Kral
TPP
femme fatale
11 posters

Have you ever "warned" a friend or family member about their lover?

femme fatale
    femme fatale
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 46

Have you ever "warned" a friend or family member about their lover? Empty Have you ever "warned" a friend or family member about their lover?

Post by femme fatale Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:46 pm

I have a cousin was raised and lives in Baltimore and because of the distance she's never been close to us here, even though she's a 1st cousin. She recently got married and over the Xmas holiday, she brought her new husband here to meet the family. Not to stereotype, but this guy is..................gay. Think Terry McMillan & Jonathon Plummer or Star Jones & Al Reynolds. It's not just me who thinks so either, just about everyone in the family after meeting him sorta looked at each other like "hmmm", but kept up smiles and cordialness. What made it more ironic is how they fawned all over each other like newlyweds. She was in bliss, but he was acting. But we haven't said anything to her about it, because we're just not "close" enough to her to get in her business like that.

So my question is, if you knew or felt your friend or loved one was involved with someone who was into something bad, or deceiving them in some way while they were totally ignorant of it, would you say something to them about it to warn them or mind your business?
    TPP
    TPP
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 69

Have you ever "warned" a friend or family member about their lover? Empty Re: Have you ever "warned" a friend or family member about their lover?

Post by TPP Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:10 pm

I don't think that I have...I *might* though if I thought I needed to.
    Kral
    Kral
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 30

Have you ever "warned" a friend or family member about their lover? Empty Re: Have you ever "warned" a friend or family member about their lover?

Post by Kral Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:13 pm

I haven't had any situations like that happen to me, but I would I knew for a FACT that they WERE up to no good.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:33 pm

I would if I knew for sure the person was bad news. I wouldn't want the friend or relative to be hurt..or worse.
    CatEyes10736
    CatEyes10736
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 126

Post by CatEyes10736 Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:52 pm

I would and I have.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:12 am

Yup - with the same friend. She's desperate to be in a relationship and doesn't seem capable of being single so it's disaster after disaster with her. We've warned her about several guys but she usually learns the hard way - nothing abusive, but guys who just aren't right for her and then she ends up even more hurt in the end.
    RobbieFTW
    RobbieFTW
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.

Male
    Rep : 145

Post by RobbieFTW Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:58 am

I havent but i would. They can be mad and not believe me but at least i told the truth and cleared my conscience. What they do with the info after that is their biz.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:56 am

RobbieFTW wrote:I havent but i would. They can be mad and not believe me but at least i told the truth and cleared my conscience. What they do with the info after that is their biz.

co-signs
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:28 pm

Yeah I told a few friends before about how I thought their BF/GF's were up to no good. Sometimes I didn't have proof....but just had a bad vibe about them. They can heed my words or not. Their choice.
    Jason B.
    Jason B.
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 70

Post by Jason B. Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:03 pm

I haven't had to butt in like this previously, but I would if I saw something going on that shouldn't be. I would expect someone who claimed to care about me to do the same thing.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:09 pm

Mind my business for the most part. If he's 'faking', then she will find out eventually. I don't get involved in other people's relationships. It would have to be BLATANT for me to bother to say anything.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 5:07 am