CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+3
AtownPeep
Forgiveness Man
Chris
7 posters

Being fat is outlawed in Japan

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

News Being fat is outlawed in Japan

Post by Chris Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:13 am

Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

News Re: Being fat is outlawed in Japan

Post by Forgiveness Man Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:29 am

Ah, the cons of too big a government. I know we need to discourage obesity but I don't like having other people start trying to control my life cause I don't meet their stick people guidelines. Encouraging people to fight obesity is one thing; punishing them cause they don't meet your standards is another.

Last edited by Forgiveness_Man on Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:49 am; edited 1 time in total
    AtownPeep
    AtownPeep
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 39

Post by AtownPeep Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:28 am

I support their movement to crack down on growing obesity and to keep their country slim, but the way they are going about it seems too imposing.
    Kral
    Kral
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 30

Post by Kral Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:45 pm

Actually I commend them for taking action to keep their citizens healthy. If anything they should be trying to limit the number of American fast food places popping up, since the vid made a point to focus on it.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:03 pm

Kral wrote:Actually I commend them for taking action to keep their citizens healthy. If anything they should be trying to limit the number of American fast food places popping up, since the vid made a point to focus on it.

I don't think that is the answer. Taking action to keep citizens healthy is all well and good but sometimes we gotta remember that just because there is a problem doesn't mean any proposed solution is the answer.

I don't think we do need to limit American fast food. Nobody forces people to eat there. Businesses have a right to open a new location and the last thing we need is government trying to tell businesses where they can and can't open up. People just need to learn self control.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:56 pm

Forgiveness_Man wrote:

I don't think that is the answer. Taking action to keep citizens healthy is all well and good but sometimes we gotta remember that just because there is a problem doesn't mean any proposed solution is the answer.

I don't think we do need to limit American fast food. Nobody forces people to eat there. Businesses have a right to open a new location and the last thing we need is government trying to tell businesses where they can and can't open up. People just need to learn self control.
    I agree! Who forces you to sit on your ass all day and eat McDonald's? People have no self control....add the fact that most people lives are on the go and they don't make time to excersise so they just grab and eat whatever is quick. If you really want to make an impact on people eating too much fast food....then start making those $1 cheeseburgers $5 and make salads cost $1. People like cheap food. The unhealthy stuff is always the cheapest and the healthier stuff isn't. That's why a lot of the lower income and poor people are fat. Who has $300 to join a gym when you're broke? Like he said though, there is no ONE solution to the this problem when they're several factors that contribute to obesity. Exactly what is outlawing fat people gonna do? If the government really cared about people's health...then start making the McDonalds and the Burger Kings start charging less for healthier options and more for the fattening stuff. Put fresh grocer markets and organically grown food in most neighborhoods, rich or poor. Encourage more people to excercise by actually giving them options (basically free) to do it and not by just telling them. Until they do that, then people are pretty much on their own to eat right and excercise and most people don't have the self control or motivation to do that. Hold up, that's prob. only in America though.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:53 pm

Nystyle, I love your post...couldn't agree with it more.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:08 am

So are they outlawing Sumo wrestling too?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 1:36 am