CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+6
Shale
Nhaiyel
Nystyle709
Forgiveness Man
Alan Smithee
Supernova
10 posters

Are you worried about the radiation from Japan reaching the states?

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Are you worried about the radiation from Japan reaching the states? Empty Are you worried about the radiation from Japan reaching the states?

Post by Supernova Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:26 am

Worried, I wouldn't know if it's the right word, but here we are concerned about it because they can say all they want that it'll be so miniscule it won't reach here or harm anybody, but we don't know that for a fact. They were saying on the news tonight that trace amounts just reached California, so far they're not seeing anything hazardous in the amounts yet, hopefully it'll stay that way but you've gotta wonder.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Are you worried about the radiation from Japan reaching the states? Empty Re: Are you worried about the radiation from Japan reaching the states?

Post by Alan Smithee Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:56 am

No more than I was about Chernobyl. I'm not aware that Hiroshima and Nagasaki was a problem for the U.S. I suppose anything is possible and the authorities could lie to us about any actual risks but I'm more concerned about the people in Japan. I don't know how you properly honor the 50 or so workers who've stayed behind to try and save their country from further disaster by what is very possibly a suicide mission.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Are you worried about the radiation from Japan reaching the states? Empty Re: Are you worried about the radiation from Japan reaching the states?

Post by Forgiveness Man Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:06 am

I am worried about everything. I'm a worry wort!
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:42 am

Nope.
    Nhaiyel
    Nhaiyel
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 123

Post by Nhaiyel Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:43 am

No, Japan is on the other side of the world to America, and on the off chance that toxic gases are released, the farthest it'll go is about 100 km in radius around it. The power plant does not contain enough radiation to cover the entire world and cause the apocalypse.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:00 am

alan smithee wrote:No more than I was about Chernobyl. I'm not aware that Hiroshima and Nagasaki was a problem for the U.S. I suppose anything is possible and the authorities could lie to us about any actual risks but I'm more concerned about the people in Japan. I don't know how you properly honor the 50 or so workers who've stayed behind to try and save their country from further disaster by what is very possibly a suicide mission.

I was thinking about this too, I was telling my friend that I never heard of the radiation from those bombs coming back to the U.S. and the radiation and fallout killed 70,000 and 40,000 people over a course of years, oddly enough that matched the same body counts of the inital bombs, but in all that time you never heard of it coming back at us, so if that didn't, you wouldn't think this would now.

And I agree, you can't help but feel sorry for those people who have nowhere to go to get away from it, and their homes were destroyed and everything. pissed They were saying on the radio a couple days ago, this restaurant was worried because of everything that was going on in Japan, that they weren't going to be able to keep their sushi bar open since they couldn't get any sushi in from Japan. This is one time where I've gotta agree with Huckabee (never thought I'd say that), the people IN Japan don't have any food or water or homes or medical care and this restaurant's worried about its sushi bar? soap box
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:25 am

alan smithee wrote:... I'm more concerned about the people in Japan. I don't know how you properly honor the 50 or so workers who've stayed behind to try and save their country from further disaster by what is very possibly a suicide mission.
    In this world of fucked up Muslim suicide bombers it is encouraging to know that of our species there are noble members who would give their lives for the greater good. It happened in Chernobyl as well.
    Impact
    Impact
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 75

Post by Impact Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:39 am

There's not much chance that it will effect the US. We are literally on the other side of the planet, farther from the west coast to the east coast, there won't be any natural spreading of radiation from Japan to domestic territory. Even the distance between Japan and Hawaii is far too great for a direct line of contamination.
    captainbryce
    captainbryce
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 127

Post by captainbryce Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:40 am

Nhaiyel wrote:No, Japan is on the other side of the world to America, and on the off chance that toxic gases are released, the farthest it'll go is about 100 km in radius around it. The power plant does not contain enough radiation to cover the entire world and cause the apocalypse.
    co-signs
    TPP
    TPP
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 69

Post by TPP Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:52 pm

not so much, I was a little worried but I did a lot of reading about it, I'm on the West Coast so I thought I'd better investigate and now I'm not so concerned.

Man I feel for the people of Japan though and I *wish* and hope that if anything like that ever happens here, Americans would conduct themselves with as much dignity and respect for our fellow citizens and the Japanese people have.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:40 am

Doesn't seem likely to happen.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 9:23 am