CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+3
Cheaps
Supernova
Chris
7 posters

Would you believe someone who admits they are a liar?

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Would you believe someone who admits they are a liar? Empty Would you believe someone who admits they are a liar?

Post by Chris Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:13 pm

Have you ever known anyone who was a pathological liar in general, but tended to be truthful with you? If so, did you trust their word?
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Would you believe someone who admits they are a liar? Empty Re: Would you believe someone who admits they are a liar?

Post by Supernova Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:16 am

Yeah, when I was a kid. Though if you want to get down to it, who among us is all that honest?
    Cheaps
    Cheaps
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 252

Would you believe someone who admits they are a liar? Empty Re: Would you believe someone who admits they are a liar?

Post by Cheaps Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:08 am

No not really, and if I do, I wouldn't take anything they say too seriously.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:24 am

Yes and it depended on the situation. Usually they lied about dumb shit.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:14 am

All the liars I know lie to me too. I know one especially who is a pathological liar. I can't even stand listening to his b.s.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:47 am

Supernova wrote:Yeah, when I was a kid. Though if you want to get down to it, who among us is all that honest?

"Everyone suspects himself of at least one of the cardinal virtues, and this is mine: I am one of the few honest people that I have ever known."

Nick Carraway in The Great Gatsby, by F. Scott Fitzgerald

OK, so I'm honest enough to tell you that I have lied, for mostly noble reasons, and perhaps once or twice to get my ass out of a crack. Besides, those who do attain total honesty are derided for being tactless.

But, like Nick Carraway, I do strive for honesty. Or, as in the Buddhist precepts "I undertake to observe the rule to abstain from false speech."
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:22 pm

But if they were a pathological liar, how could I believe them when they told me they were a liar? thinking

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 7:57 pm