CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+6
Tony Marino
femme fatale
TPP
Alan Smithee
Supernova
RedBedroom
10 posters

Have you ever known a pathological liar?

RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Have you ever known a pathological liar? Empty Have you ever known a pathological liar?

Post by RedBedroom Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:16 pm

Have you ever met anyone who just lies, lies, lies all the time?

There is this one guy that we know through my son's sport that is just mind blowing with how he lies.

He says the most random stuff all the time, and it is just insane. He met my dad and was telling him this whole story about how he used to be a in the mob in Chicago and on and on. There is just no end to his b.s.

This summer, he was telling me how he has vintage sports cars stored in barns all over the state. He just wouldn't stop talking to me about all that b.s. Then he said that for his daughter's birthday he gave her a vintage Mustang and she refused it. So, I played along and said, "What is wrong with that girl? I am going to give her some shit about that tonight." Then he said, without missing a beat, "Oh, she won't even talk about it because she was so overwhelmed by it. She acts like it never happened."

I am not exaggerating when I say if you met this guy he would lie to you within ten minutes about something. I can't even imagine how his wife feels about all of it.

My son was in the hospital and his son wanted to come see him, so they were there, and this guy was literally lying to the nurse about his son and my son, totally exaggerating their experiences...right in front of us!
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Have you ever known a pathological liar? Empty Re: Have you ever known a pathological liar?

Post by Supernova Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:22 am

I've known a couple, not to that extent but about every time they opened their mouth you had to take what they said with a grain of salt.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Have you ever known a pathological liar? Empty Re: Have you ever known a pathological liar?

Post by Alan Smithee Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:10 am

I think the sister of one of our close friends qualifies. We have to pretty much asssume that just about everything she says is some fabrication. Fortunately we don't have to get caught up in her bull shit.
    TPP
    TPP
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 69

Post by TPP Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:08 am

I have an aunt like that. You just can't trust a word that she says!
    femme fatale
    femme fatale
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 46

Post by femme fatale Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:17 am

Yes!!! I briefly had a friend in high school who was notorious about being a pathological liar. I mean she would lie about things that were pointless and didn't need to be lied about. Her reality I think was so unsatisfying that she had to make things up to keep herself interested.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:47 am

Yes I have known someone like that, we are not friends anymore. There is one in my family that is a pathological liar. Its amazing how he lies and covers up the lies with more lies and ends up believing his own lies!!! In my opinion this guy is a loser and I don't even feel sorry for him because he is fully aware of what he is doing. He is also very sneaky, the type that would try to crack you password to your e-mail or set up a secret camera in some place in your home so he can spy on you. He is pathetic and I try to avoid him whenever he is around.
    tmontyb
    tmontyb
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Male
    Rep : 37

Post by tmontyb Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:50 am

Someone that I dated a long time ago was a pathological liar. Well pathological might be too strong, but our relationship started out with him lying and I guess he had to continuously lie to keep the original story straight.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:10 am

"If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything." ~Mark Twain

(Oh!) Rob Petrie
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 62

Post by (Oh!) Rob Petrie Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:17 am

Three. But the worst was Allie, who told us:

-She was pregnant. Then she wasn't. Then she got an abortion (but still had time to come back to school for lunch).

-Was in a gang.

-That her father locks her in her room with no food.

-She told somebody else that I was fathering her baby (I'm gay).

-She's a lesbian?

...over it.
    2xy
    2xy
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female
    Rep : 22

Post by 2xy Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:40 am

My first husband.

After we split up, he was diagnosed as bipolar with paranoid personality. I dunno how accurate that is or if he's medicated now, but I haven't seen him in 20 years and he still causes trouble for me. A few years back, I noticed a weird thing on my credit report that had to do with him opening a phone in my name, running up a bill, then skipping out. He has stalked me on Facebook and bothered my mom on Facebook, too.

He lies so much he believes his own lies. He tells other people lies about me, and then tells me "I told so-and-so what you did that time...." I'm like, WTF? You're gonna tell me lies about myself? I know what I've done!

Last edited by 2xy on Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:44 am; edited 1 time in total
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:41 am

Unfortunately yes. They told extreme fantasyland lies. Some huge lies were even told about me. I was forced to make a very difficult decision about my relationship with them & this definitely factored into it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 2:57 pm