CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+4
Suzi
Alan Smithee
Shale
Chris
8 posters

Newt Gingrich: Obama's Trayvon Martin Statement 'Disgraceful'

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

News Newt Gingrich: Obama's Trayvon Martin Statement 'Disgraceful'

Post by Chris Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:47 am

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/23/newt-gingrich-trayvon-martin-barack-obama_n_1376659.html

Newt Gingrich: Obama's Trayvon Martin Statement 'Disgraceful'
    Posted: 03/23/2012 9:54 pm

Newt Gingrich: Obama's Trayvon Martin Statement 'Disgraceful' S-GINGRICH-TRAYVON-MARTIN-large
    Republican presidential candidate, former Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich speaks during the Gulf Coast Energy Summit at the Mississippi Coast Coliseum on March 12, 2012 in Biloxi, Mississippi. (Photo by Sean Gardner/Getty Images)

Republican hopeful Newt Gingrich slammed Barack Obama on Friday, saying the president's remarks about the fatal February shooting of Trayvon Martin were "disgraceful."

President Barack Obama addressed Martin's death during a Rose Garden appearance earlier Friday, framing the tragedy in personal terms by saying, "If I had a son, he'd look like Trayvon." Gingrich responded to Obama's remarks during a "Hannity Radio" interview:

What the president said, in a sense, is disgraceful. It’s not a question of who that young man looked like. Any young American of any ethnic background should be safe, period. We should all be horrified no matter what the ethnic background.

Is the president suggesting that if it had been a white who had been shot, that would be OK because it didn’t look like him. That’s just nonsense dividing this country up. It is a tragedy this young man was shot. It would have been a tragedy if he had been Puerto Rican or Cuban or if he had been white or if he had been Asian American of if he’d been a Native American. At some point, we ought to talk about being Americans. When things go wrong to an American, it is sad for all Americans. Trying to turn it into a racial issue is fundamentally wrong. I really find it appalling.

Gingrich's comments came amid boiling public outrage over the death of Martin -- an unarmed, 17-year-old African American shot by a volunteer neighborhood watchman. The former House speaker commented on the shooting Thursday during an interview with CNN's Piers Morgan, calling it a "tragedy."

Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

News Re: Newt Gingrich: Obama's Trayvon Martin Statement 'Disgraceful'

Post by Shale Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:44 am

Another Repugnican Asswipe.

Fact is I personalized Trayvon's death with images of my own grandson.
    Newt Gingrich: Obama's Trayvon Martin Statement 'Disgraceful' Dc05-05robkevamtrakweb

A lot of black ppl did the same because if Trayvon had been white he likely would not have been shot for no other reason. It's called profiling.

Last edited by Shale on Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:51 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Add Pic of my surly-looking grandson)
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:49 am

It is a tragedy this young man was shot. It would have been a tragedy if he had been Puerto Rican or Cuban or if he had been white or if he had been Asian American of if he’d been a Native American.

All true but are Hispanic, white, Asian or Indian youths being murdered at the same rate for the same reason?
    Suzi
    Suzi
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 85

Post by Suzi Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:48 pm

While I suspect the incident wouldn't have happened at all if Trayvon had been white, I would be as outraged no matter his color. The law that allows someone to kill another person just because they look a certain way is an evil law.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:51 pm

*sigh* Somebody hang this motherfucker too. He's trying to spin this to fit his own political agenda. President Obama is saying nothing of the sort.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:46 pm

And now Michelle Bachmann is weighing in with support for Gingrich. The president said no such thing. He spoke out about this crime against an innocent kid. All of us who know a good kid about that age relate in some way. But leave it to a republican to take a tragedy & try to turn it into their political favor.
    Suzi
    Suzi
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 85

Post by Suzi Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:53 pm

Isn't it funny that none of those republicans said a word until after the president talked about it. Frankly the president said very little of any substance other than the remark about if he had a son. Then the republicans decided they better say something.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:52 pm

"I can only imagine what these parents are going through," the president told reporters in the White House Rose Garden. "When I think about this boy, I think about my own kids, and I think every parent in American should be able to understand why it is absolutely imperative that we investigate every aspect of this." He also said, "You know, if I had a son, he'd look like Trayvon."

YES! A total disgrace that the President of the United States should display any empathy!!!

ROFLMAO!
    (White House senior adviser) Plouffe said Gingrich was "clearly in the last throes of his political career." "You can make a decision whether to go out with some shred of dignity or say these irresponsible, reckless things, and he's clearly chosen the latter path, and that's unfortunate for the country," he said on ABC's "This Week."

http://www.christianpost.com/news/white-house-defends-obamas-trayvon-martin-remarks-72051/
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:06 pm

Alan Smithee wrote:

YES! A total disgrace that the President of the United States should display any empathy!!!

ROFLMAO!

http://www.christianpost.com/news/white-house-defends-obamas-trayvon-martin-remarks-72051/

Just when you think the right can't scientifically stoop any lower. It's obvious what the president intended in his words. An unseemly bunch. The damn lot of 'em.
    Nhaiyel
    Nhaiyel
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 123

Post by Nhaiyel Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:14 pm

Typical and not unexpected. Rush and the rest of his conservative faction can't stand this case and the media scrutiny it's causing. They resent like hell that they can't publicly snub Trayvon and the firestorm his murder is causing, and so they sit on their hands nitpicking other things surrounding it…like the reaction.
    RobbieFTW
    RobbieFTW
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.

Male
    Rep : 145

Post by RobbieFTW Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:06 pm

At my job we have several TVs in the lockerroom all on diff channels. One being FOX news and this morning they were talking about Trayvon and how it was a tragedy for his family and blah blah BUT (you know there's a BUT) that the "liberal media" was using the story to its advantage and inciting everyone and blah blah. Gingrich's comrades.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 30, 2024 4:36 am