CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

4 posters

Have you ever known anyone personally who was the victim of domestic abuse?

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Have you ever known anyone personally who was the victim of domestic abuse? Empty Have you ever known anyone personally who was the victim of domestic abuse?

Post by Chris Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:16 am

If so, did you get ever get involved (or try and coax them out of their situation?)
    Cheaps
    Cheaps
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 252

Have you ever known anyone personally who was the victim of domestic abuse? Empty Re: Have you ever known anyone personally who was the victim of domestic abuse?

Post by Cheaps Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:09 am

Yes, and most I did was be there to listen, and try offer advice when they were willing to hear it.
    zthatzmanz28
    zthatzmanz28
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Male
    Rep : 13

Have you ever known anyone personally who was the victim of domestic abuse? Empty Re: Have you ever known anyone personally who was the victim of domestic abuse?

Post by zthatzmanz28 Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:53 am

Unfortunately I have known a few people caught up in being a victim of violence--both men and women. Experience has taught me there is no good way to intervene. Friends cannot get involved with friends "dirty" laundry without getting dragged through the mud. The best you can do is offer support, encouragement and resources while hoping they make the right decision.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:41 am

Cheaps wrote:Yes, and most I did was be there to listen, and try offer advice when they were willing to hear it.

This.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 6:45 am