CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+5
Shale
Nystyle709
CeCe
Cheaps
Chris
9 posters

Has anyone ever been rude to you because of how you look?

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Has anyone ever been rude to you because of how you look?  Empty Has anyone ever been rude to you because of how you look?

Post by Chris Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:33 am

Has anyone ever been rude to you because they didn't like something about your look (either your physical features, or the way you were dressed?)
    Cheaps
    Cheaps
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 252

Has anyone ever been rude to you because of how you look?  Empty Re: Has anyone ever been rude to you because of how you look?

Post by Cheaps Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:24 am

One time, a group of us were getting ready to go out, one of the girls had accidentally spilled her drink on my white top I was wearing. She apologized and said it was an accident, I took that at face value, said it was all good and changed. I was later told that evening that she had done that on purpose. Shrugs (Oh well…) What can you do, It didn't stain, and I still went out lookin good.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Has anyone ever been rude to you because of how you look?  Empty Re: Has anyone ever been rude to you because of how you look?

Post by CeCe Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:33 am

When they see the tats, yeah. I'm about half tempted to get a "fuck you" tattoo for those very people lol
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:16 am

No.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:27 am

CeCe wrote:When they see the tats, yeah. I'm about half tempted to get a "fuck you" tattoo for those very people lol

Actually, tats here are quite common and I don't think anyone has ever been rude to me for having them. In fact I wear tank tops just to display them and going to the beach lets you know just how many of us inked ppl there are.

Now having long hair and a beard in a crew-cut clean shaved world got some rude comments and actions. And after that nutcase Manson got some profiling.

Has anyone ever been rude to you because of how you look?  5476622008_7328b654f3_o
    Suzi
    Suzi
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 85

Post by Suzi Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:59 pm

Yes, it was very unusual for a kid to be wearing glasses when I was young, so I heard a lot about that. Even adults would feel so sorry for me having to wear glasses. So when one of my kids got glasses at 17 months it was adults who were the worst. They would ask me "Are those real?", I wanted to say "No, I put them on her for looks", but I didn't. Then they would say "Oh what a shame", that's when I would tell them "there's no shame at all, the shame would be mine if I let her go blind for the want of a pair of glasses"! And because we caught her problem while she was under 5 she can see with both eyes. These days I see babies with glasses, and it makes me happy to know their parents are on top of a problem that if ignored could leave the kid blind in one eye for life. Every child's eyes should be checked by the time they are 3, sooner if you can see that there is a problem. Friends little girl had amblyopia even though there was no indication that she had a problem and that is why every child should be checked by three at least.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:09 pm

Not that I can recall.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:10 pm

Shale wrote:

Actually, tats here are quite common and I don't think anyone has ever been rude to me for having them. In fact I wear tank tops just to display them and going to the beach lets you know just how many of us inked ppl there are.

Now having long hair and a beard in a crew-cut clean shaved world got some rude comments and actions. And after that nutcase Manson got some profiling.

Has anyone ever been rude to you because of how you look?  5476622008_7328b654f3_o

I thinks it's that residual backwoods southern christian mentality still in action. One, I done gone & violated Leviticus & add to that I'm..a...a...WOMAN Wow!
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:19 pm

It is the backwoods mentality, because the beaches down here have as many inked women as men. (they can't all be lesbians).

I am from that gen where only servicemen and bikers got tats. The ocassional bold woman would get a rose or butterfly tat under her clothing (I worked in a nursing home and met a few of them)

But now that is an antiquated idea. In fact a couple of my tats were put on by women with sleeve ink.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:01 pm

Not that I know of...WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU LOOKING AT?
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:00 am

My maternal grandfather said I looked like a "spic baby." He never cared for me at all because of my dark completion. He's the ass hat and when he was on a big trip from Alabama to see us in Chicago, he died in St. Louis. That was the best news ever.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:06 am

cries sorry Red big hugz
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:31 am

Thanks, Al. It never really got to me as I knew it from a young age.

Recently, it has been a funny/awkward thing as I get to know cousins from mom's side via Facebook. They talk about O.C. as if he was the best thing to happen to Alabama....but then again, they were all in the will...oh, wait, I was too. While the other grandkids got a few thousand each, I got a dollar. Akin to leaving a waitress a penny, I suspect!
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:47 am

Holy shit. I would have wiped my ass with it. Unless he left it to me in dimes.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:54 am

Al, I can't stop laughing at your post!

I have been pondering a symbolic gesture as we are planning to go to St. Louis next year...we always go to Indianapolis for Supercross, but plan to hit St. Louis next year for SX.

Your post leaves me thinking tossing either ten dimes or a hundred pennies would be too fitting! Every time St. Louis is mentioned, I think of O.C. dying there. And as a little girl being so fearful of his visit and being so happy he never made it past St. Louis!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 6:59 am