CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+9
Chris
RedBedroom
MandyPerfumeGirl
CatEyes10736
Jason B.
Nystyle709
Alan Smithee
Forgiveness Man
femme fatale
13 posters

I'm rude because I moved when she coughed and didn't cover her mouth...

femme fatale
    femme fatale
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 46

I'm rude because I moved when she coughed and didn't cover her mouth... Empty I'm rude because I moved when she coughed and didn't cover her mouth...

Post by femme fatale Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:16 pm

Yesterday I was at the store checking out when the person that was in front of me had turned to the side and was coughing without covering her mouth. When she did that, since I was a mere 5 feet away I stepped to the side to avoid her germs. She then mutters with an attitude, "Ugggh, people can be so rude these days."

Now I thought it was rude of her to even say that considering the fact that her nasty ass didn't even bother covering her mouth, even though she had a free hand to do so. Not to mention that she was buying cold medicines and tissue, so I know she was sick. So I am the rude one because YOU can't cover your mouth and I don't want to get sick? GTFOHB.

My thing is, if you KNOW you are sick and you go out in the public for whatever reason, keep your germs to yourself. That means if you have to sneeze or cough, cover your damn mouth, it's really not rocket science.

[/rant]
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

I'm rude because I moved when she coughed and didn't cover her mouth... Empty Re: I'm rude because I moved when she coughed and didn't cover her mouth...

Post by Forgiveness Man Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:57 pm

People can be so rude these days, I am sure that lady would know that firsthand as she was the rude one in this situation, not you.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

I'm rude because I moved when she coughed and didn't cover her mouth... Empty Re: I'm rude because I moved when she coughed and didn't cover her mouth...

Post by Alan Smithee Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:02 pm

She then mutters with an attitude, "Ugggh, people can be so rude these days."

Sounds like an "it takes one to know one" situation. Not that you were being rude in anyway of course.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:03 pm

You should've told her about herself. She would've straight gotten embarassed if I was in that line.
    Jason B.
    Jason B.
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 70

Post by Jason B. Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:28 pm

You were 100% right to back away from someone spreading their sick germs. You reminded her that she was to not cover her mouth and she didn't appreciate it. If I had had a can of Lysol on hand, I would have sprayed it in her direction.
    CatEyes10736
    CatEyes10736
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 126

Post by CatEyes10736 Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:25 pm

You weren't in the wrong. When she uttered that you should have told her how ill mannered she was to not cover her mouth when she coughed and that no one else wants to inhale her germs.
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 26

Post by MandyPerfumeGirl Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:15 pm

You were right Femme Fatale - you were not the wrong one here. It's ironic that she said how other people are "rude" when she feels she can cough a lung out without covering her mouth. Whether a person is sick or not, I've always thought it was very rude if a person doesn't cover their mouth when they cough, it's just disgusting.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:33 pm

What a horrible woman to not cover her mouth in the first place then have the nerve to call you rude. Terrible.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:32 am

You weren't being rude, she simply didn't have any manners.
    AtownPeep
    AtownPeep
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 39

Post by AtownPeep Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:00 am

When she said that, I would have said (not looking her way but loud enough for her to hear) "I know right!?!? Being sick, coughing and not covering your mouth and spreading your germs making others sick sure does falls in the category of rude!"
    Kral
    Kral
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 30

Post by Kral Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:14 am

I have seen 18 month olds covering their mouth so there is no excuse for a grown person not to cover their mouth.

Bad manners.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:20 am

You definetly were not wrong, if it were me and I had a can of Lysol in my hand I would have sprayed it in her direction maybe then she would get the hint.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:39 pm

I guess that lady missed all of the lessons in pre-aschool and elemtnary school about how it's polite to cover your mouth or nose. She was the one who was rude for spreading her germs around to everyone. ITA with what AtownPeep said. I'd have been veryn tempted to have a smiliar response.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 5:14 am