CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

3 posters

The For-Sale/Wanted Thread

Hyacinth Girl
    Hyacinth Girl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 70

The For-Sale/Wanted Thread Empty The For-Sale/Wanted Thread

Post by Hyacinth Girl Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:36 pm

How about a cyber-yard sale? Anyone got anything they're trying to sell? Post it here. Looking for something in particular? Ask here and maybe someone can point you in the right direction.

I just managed to sell off all my vinyl albums to an online buyer, and now I have a number of other items, mostly handmade, that I'm trying to sell. I set up a "store" at E-Crater this morning, and here's the link if anyone's interested in browsing:

http://lisam.ecrater.com/filter.php?sort=date

I have 4 more pictures to be listed as soon as I'm done painting them, and maybe a few other miscellaneous things to be listed soon. Thanks for looking!
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

The For-Sale/Wanted Thread Empty Re: The For-Sale/Wanted Thread

Post by Nystyle709 Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:04 pm

I'm looking for Toots and Maytals "Funcky Kingston" on vinyl. Who got that?
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:15 am

H Girl, you do a wonderful job with the handpainted flowers!
    Hyacinth Girl
    Hyacinth Girl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by Hyacinth Girl Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:07 am

Thanks, Red! (Now I just hope I can sell them all!)

NY--check www.991.com where I just sold all my albums to--they list the one you want, but you have to put your name in for the next available copy, since there are none in stock right now.

Amazon or Ebay might be an option, or www.joesalbums.com here in Central Mass may have something too.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:46 pm

Have you looked into Esty? I don't know if they take a commission or not but it seems like a great site to sell crafty stuff.
    Hyacinth Girl
    Hyacinth Girl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by Hyacinth Girl Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:33 pm

I did see the Esty site and they do take commission. I figured I'd try ecrater first since it was free. eBay seems like a pain because you have to set up a separate seller account-- you can't just go off your buyer acct. We have classified listings where I work, on our intranet so I listed the pictures there too.

I might have to resort to consigning them or selling out of the back of my truck in a parking lot--lol.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:40 pm

I kinda figured/thought Etsy probably did take commission. I have thought about selling some of my scrapbooking embellishements there.

Just as an FYI if they don't sell before next December...you could bump them up to $20 each to cover shipping and etsy costs and sign up for free shipping Friday. That happens the last Friday before Christmas. Etsy stores, not just the huge company that is Etsy, have individual free shipping events.
    Hyacinth Girl
    Hyacinth Girl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by Hyacinth Girl Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:29 pm

Good idea for Esty--I looked further into it, and they want 20 cents per item just as a listing fee, then they take 3.5% commission when you sell an item, and charge your credit card (which you give them the number upon signing up. . . .) on a monthly basis, the 20 cent listing fee, and then again to relist the items each month. ---Too much work for me! LOL

I ended up pulling everything out of E-crater just now, and dropping it at a local consignment/antiques store. I get to leave it there for 3 months, and take back whatever hasn't sold in that timeframe at the end of the term. The online thing wasn't really working, no one at work wanted to buy one, so I took that as an indication that not all ideas are as stupendous as I think they might be.

Let someone else do the selling work, take their cut, and hopefully where they're located on a busy main road, and put stuff outside to attract customers, I'll have some luck there, as I have in the past with other items I've consigned!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 1:48 pm