CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+3
Chris
RedBedroom
Supernova
7 posters

Going where you're not wanted...

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Going where you're not wanted... Empty Going where you're not wanted...

Post by Supernova Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:45 am

Okay so the title is probably misleading, as everybody probably knows, I came here from IMDb, and they have boards for all movies, and also for stuff like politics, religion, etc. Now the religion board is I'd say 95% made up of people who think all religion is stupid and fairy tales and ANYBODY who has any beliefs in a higher power of any sort are brainwashed fundies and idiots and belittle said posters with beliefs every single chance they get.

My question, for WHAT reason would a bunch of atheists overtake a religion board of all places? Especially since despite their claims that 'we're open minded but that doesn't mean we blindly believe everything we're told' (which in reality equates to they absolutely will NOT even entertain the smallest notion that they could possibly be wrong about anything, because sabes que, they got science on their side, science which has no more answers to how everything started than any religion but because it's science it's automatically right) they only post on the board to ridicule anybody who does have any faith or belief. What's the point in that?

Now I've gone on boards where I was not welcome but I went with legitimate reasons, I wasn't there just for the hell of it of 'oh look at how stupid the people this board was made for are, ha ha ha, and I'm so smart, they're all wrong and I'M right and that makes me open minded, la la la' like these morons are.

You know what? I say people will ALWAYS disagree on what's right and what's the answer, but if we ARE supposed to be sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo evolved, then people can figure out a way to discuss it like rational adults instead of like stupid children 'I'm right, you're wrong, la la la, you're sooo stupid and I know everything my science tells me, la la la'. Anybody with me on this one?
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Going where you're not wanted... Empty Re: Going where you're not wanted...

Post by RedBedroom Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:52 am

I visit IMDb as well. Troll city. I say this with a kind heart...it should not surprise you that the religion board there is full of people who claim to be Atheist.

Ass hat users there go to television show and movie boards just to say things about how stupid fans are for liking what-have-you. The same troll variety love nothing more than to attack a person's faith and the religion board there provides a troll's dream platform.

Now, I am not generalizing Atheists, just saying that I think that negative posters there who say stupid things are probably just trying to get a rise out of folks and are perhaps not even Atheists.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:53 am

One thing's for sure, whether or not these nuts are serious and really believe the crap they're saying, they do a good job to give atheists a bad name.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:00 am

Oh, I am sure they do. I wouldn't touch the IMDb religion board with a ten foot pole. I can only imagine what is being spewed there and that even many people who believe what they claim to don't tout their beliefs in a constructive manner most of the time.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:46 am

I agree with Red; sometimes the anonymity of the Internet is just too compelling for some people to not unleash their sixth grade mentality. Especially somewhere like IMDb, where there is no moderation (just automated moderator bots.) I tend to steer clear of any forum (religion, music, politics, etc., etc.) there that's for *general* discussion. Sometimes I am curious enough to read a thread or so, but I hardly ever park it.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:03 am

I don't even both going to IMDb politics or religion boards. The movie and TV boards are juvenile enough. lol Plus, there are too many people there. Razz IMDb is like a freaking troll magnet.

It doesn't surprise me that atheists would overtake a religion board though.

CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:37 am

I didn't even know imdb has a religion board. The other ones are bad enough. These days if I go there it's just to see what people are saying about a movie or show I just watched or am interested in seeing. But I haven't participated in a while now.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:59 am

never been to IMDb, an probably never will
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male

Post by Chris Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:04 am

cheaps wrote:never been to IMDb, an probably never will

It's a good resource for film, television and actor information; it's the posting forums that are sometimes a trolls orgy.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:03 pm

Chris wrote:
    cheaps wrote:never been to IMDb, an probably never will

It's a good resource for film, television and actor information; it's the posting forums that are sometimes a trolls orgy.

maybe i can go there, when i post in the actor/character association game.. cuz sometimes i'm truly stumped and don't know who them older actor/actresses are Wink
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Post by CeCe Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:24 pm

cheaps wrote:
    Chris wrote:

maybe i can go there, when i post in the actor/character association game.. cuz sometimes i'm truly stumped and don't know who them older actor/actresses are Wink

It's a very good resource for something like that.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male

Post by Chris Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:34 pm

It's funny, I remember when I first discovered IMDb; I think I stayed up all night looking up all the TV shows and films (old and recent) that I could think of, to read up on them. Like I said, it really is a great resource for film and television stats, as well as actor resumes. Studios and casting agents use it when they go to cast actors. But, yeah, the forums (especially the broader, general boards) are overrun with people who have too good a time abusing being incognito. It's the reason why they started having users authenticate their accounts with a credit card in order to post.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:25 pm

Chris wrote:It's funny, I remember when I first discovered IMDb; I think I stayed up all night looking up all the TV shows and films (old and recent) that I could think of, to read up on them. Like I said, it really is a great resource for film and television stats, as well as actor resumes. Studios and casting agents use it when they go to cast actors. But, yeah, the forums (especially the broader, general boards) are overrun with people who have too good a time abusing being incognito. It's the reason why they started having users authenticate their accounts with a credit card in order to post.

I did the same thing the first time I discovered IMDB!

The general boards, especially the Soapbox, are just awful. I bet out of 20 posts there, only 2 or 3 are legit and not trollish.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:29 am

I've often wondering about that, too, Super - not so much with IMDB but with religious boards in general. If you're an atheist, why work so hard to try and convince other people they're wrong. ITA with what you about how some of these supposedly open-minded folks are actually quite close-minded. I've seen a few comments on IMDB when looking at movies and it's enough for me to steer VERY clear of the message boards themselves.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Post by CeCe Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:30 am

TSJFan4Ever wrote:I've often wondering about that, too, Super - not so much with IMDB but with religious boards in general. If you're an atheist, why work so hard to try and convince other people they're wrong. ITA with what you about how some of these supposedly open-minded folks are actually quite close-minded. I've seen a few comments on IMDB when looking at movies and it's enough for me to steer VERY clear of the message boards themselves.

I think it's just the nature of some people. No matter what board you're on there will be someone there to tell everyone how much a movie, tv show or actor sucks. Someone always has to be confrontational, contradictory or just a general pain in the ass.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:34 am

^^^^The Super 8 board currently has a lot of them. I don't even think many saw the movies because nothing in their so-called reviews really is anything you had to have seen the movie to write.

IMDb is just a troll magnet.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 5:18 pm