CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+3
Cheaps
RedBedroom
Tony Marino
7 posters

Fathers/Daughters - Time spent together

Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Fathers/Daughters - Time spent together Empty Fathers/Daughters - Time spent together

Post by Tony Marino Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:48 am

I'm curious what women think about their relationship with their fathers while growing up, specifically how much time you needed to see them. What do women out there think? Would weekends and a kiss at night have been enough for you, or is more of Dad without bounds always better? At what age were you able to truly understand the pressures on your father?
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Fathers/Daughters - Time spent together Empty Re: Fathers/Daughters - Time spent together

Post by RedBedroom Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:06 am

I liked it much more when Dad was not home. I did not need to or want to be around him. Yet I lived in fear of a divorce because Mom was very sick and I was afraid of having to deal with it alone 100% of the time.

I love my dad but we are not close on a personal level. He doesn't know my hobbies or ask about my friends. He's a really good grandfather though, so all of the rest of it doesn't even bother me anymore.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 252

Fathers/Daughters - Time spent together Empty Re: Fathers/Daughters - Time spent together

Post by Cheaps Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:54 am

Mom and dad divorced when I was 5, never seen much of him. I pretty much know he was and ASS! Last I seen him was about 14/15 years ago in 97 or 98.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:51 pm

As a kid, I loved my father, though he always terrified us and could reduce us to tears anytime he started yelling, which was often. When I got older, I wished my parents would divorce, but we would've been up the creek then because my mother couldn't hold down a full time job and teach us at the same time. I think the last time I bothered trying to spend any time with him willingly was when I was about 13.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:23 pm

RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:34 pm

I love that song, Al!
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:28 pm

My father and I have a good relationship. Always have. I grew up a daddy's girl and he would do anything for me and I would for him. My parents split up when I was 10 and even though I didn't see him as much throughout the year, we always spent the summers living with him. I can't complain.
    FireIce918
    FireIce918
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Female
    Rep : 8

Post by FireIce918 Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:38 pm

I pretty much needed to see or talk to him everyday. Nothing had really changed.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 4:32 pm