CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+2
Nystyle709
Chris
6 posters

Your generation vs. your parents generation

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Your generation vs. your parents generation Empty Your generation vs. your parents generation

Post by Chris Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:49 am

Do you consider your generation better or worse than your parents? Is there anything about your parents generation that you tend to especially admire or loathe?
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Your generation vs. your parents generation Empty Re: Your generation vs. your parents generation

Post by Nystyle709 Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:17 am

Well, I think I'm in the last generation that had some common sense. My parents generation had more hurdles, but I think life was easier back then without all the advancements in technology, so they were happier. I can't say I ant to be older than I am though. So I'm good with my generation for the most part.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Your generation vs. your parents generation Empty Re: Your generation vs. your parents generation

Post by Cheaps Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:44 am

I like my generation better, of course. I'm sorta neutral on my moms generation, nothing really I admire or loathe.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:06 am

My parent's gen was called "The Greatest Generation" because they weathered a decade of the Great Depression and they valiantly fought WWII.

I grew up in post-war America which was economically bustling and I had privilege in white suburbia of which I was barely aware.

But, my parent's gen was also stuck in archaic tradition, a colonial world-view, prejudice and inequality.

My gen fought all of that when we came of age in the '60s, including an unnecessary and injust war that was killing our young men for nothing but better business for industrial America.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:29 am

Chris wrote:Do you consider your generation better or worse than your parents? Is there anything about your parents generation that you tend to especially admire or loathe?

Worse. My parent's generation was more basic and simple and less complicated.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:38 pm

Chris wrote:Do you consider your generation better or worse than your parents? Is there anything about your parents generation that you tend to especially admire or loathe?

Racial segregation, treatment of women as second class citizens, repressed sexuality. My generation is far from perfect but I don't long for the good old days. i do worry sometimes about what we're leaving our children. Or not leaving them.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 6:23 am