CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+4
Nystyle709
CeCe
Shale
Chris
8 posters

Kenneth Weishuhn, Gay Iowa Teen, Commits Suicide After Allegedly Receiving Death Threats

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

News Kenneth Weishuhn, Gay Iowa Teen, Commits Suicide After Allegedly Receiving Death Threats

Post by Chris Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:57 am

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/17/kenneth-weishuhn-gay-iowa-teen-suicide_n_1431442.html?ref=mostpopular

Kenneth Weishuhn, Gay Iowa Teen, Commits Suicide After Allegedly Receiving Death Threats
    Posted: 04/17/2012 11:27 am Updated: 04/17/2012 11:33 am

Kenneth Weishuhn, Gay Iowa Teen, Commits Suicide After Allegedly Receiving Death Threats S-GAY-TEEN-SUICIDE-large

A gay Iowa teen has taken his own life after friends and family say that classmates sent him death threats on his cell phone and made him the subject of a Facebook hate group.

As KTIV is reporting, 14-year-old Kenneth Weishuhn Jr. began to be teased and bullied by classmates at South O'Brien High School after he came out earlier this year. "People that were originally his friends, they kind of turned on him," sister Kayla Weishuhn, a sophomore, is quoted as saying. "A lot of people, they either joined in or they were too scared to say anything."

The anti-gay teasing reportedly also continued online, where classmates created a hate group against gays and added Kenneth's friends as members, and got even worse when the freshman started receiving death threats from students on his phone.

Weishuhn’s mother Jeannie Chambers said her son told her, "Mom, you don’t know how it feels to be hated."

Details on Weishuhn's death are otherwise scarce, but a Facebook group has already been started in the teen's memory. "Unfortunately, the culture most of us have been raised in has been the mindset that you get 'picked on' in school and that's just part of growing up," one user writes. "Bullying is like most other crimes, the only way it's going to stop is if the offenders get caught and are prosecuted."

Adds another: "I hate to think of what he must have gone through to decide suicide was his only option. I hope and pray all of these bullies feel responsible for what happened."
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

News Re: Kenneth Weishuhn, Gay Iowa Teen, Commits Suicide After Allegedly Receiving Death Threats

Post by Shale Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:21 am

Another senseless tragedy perpetrated by unconscionable haters with the blessings of most major religions and the federal and state governments.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

News Re: Kenneth Weishuhn, Gay Iowa Teen, Commits Suicide After Allegedly Receiving Death Threats

Post by CeCe Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:29 am

Damn I hate this. Another one lost to a lack of humanity & common decency.

RIP Kenneth
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:09 am

Facebook is the devil.

And really, kill yourself over this? *shaking my head*. I'm starting to lack sympathy for people who kill themselves over bullshit. This boy had other alternatives than checking himself out over nonsense. He didn't even talk to anyone about it. Perhaps if he did, this could've been prevented.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:37 pm

Here we go again!
    Suzi
    Suzi
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 85

Post by Suzi Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:49 pm

Unfortunately kids never realize that nothing lasts forever. For them all there is is right now. When will this type of bullying stop? A certain percentage of we humans are gay, always have been and always will be. It just isn't a big deal in the great scheme of life, but as I said kids don't realize that things will get better as they get older. I just hate seeing these stories over and over, but I also know that some teens are just a downright mean and there seems to be no cure for mean. I do agree with this however.........
    Facebook is the devil
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:43 pm

Killing yourself because someone threatened to kill you? It's tragic but dumb. The best revenge against people who hate you is living a happy life.
    CatEyes10736
    CatEyes10736
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 126

Post by CatEyes10736 Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:25 pm

Just terrible. I hope they turned in his cell phone to the authorities and anyone who sent him death threats and any other messages threatening his safety are brought up on charges. I don't understand why it is illegal for an adult to harass another adult, but kids get away with doing it to each other. If he were my child, all it would take is one time for me to hear he was being targeted for me to spring into action.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:56 pm

Alan Smithee wrote:Killing yourself because someone threatened to kill you? It's tragic but dumb. The best revenge against people who hate you is living a happy life.

LOL. Really. I swear, these kids today are SOFT.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:35 pm