CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+13
Supernova
(Oh!) Rob Petrie
MandyPerfumeGirl
Impact
Alan Smithee
Shale
Chris
stonestatic
Forgiveness Man
RedBedroom
Jason B.
JM130ELM
RobbieFTW
17 posters

Do you suspect that homophobes are likely closet cases?

Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Do you suspect that homophobes are likely closet cases? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you suspect that homophobes are likely closet cases?

Post by Alan Smithee Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:30 pm

The closet door is made of all different kinds of wood, my brother.
    tmontyb
    tmontyb
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Male
    Rep : 37

Do you suspect that homophobes are likely closet cases? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you suspect that homophobes are likely closet cases?

Post by tmontyb Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:40 pm

captainbryce wrote:There are three types of homophobes.

1) The closet cases who are very insecure about their own sexuality and use being homophobic either as a "cover" or because they are in denial about themselves.

2) The "jumping on the bandwagon" cases who are homophobic because their circle of friends is homophobic and they want to fit in. (as thepossiblepolice brought up).

3) The conservative, religious types who think homosexuality is a sin/choice/lifestyle that children can be "taught", that's dangerous to society and that necessitates an "agenda".

Those are the only reasons for anyone to actually be homophobic. Class 1 homophobes are proud to be homophobes and are very open about how "disgusted" they are by it. Class 2 homophobes are secretly ashamed that they are homophobic but value social acceptance over integrity and continue to be homophobic anyway. Class 3 homophobes actually believe that they are not homophobic and pretend that there is no such thing as homophobia (except in extreme cases). They recognize homophobia as a socially negative label and since they belive that their morals are superior to everyone elses, they deny that they could be something that is morally unacceptable.

WIN!! RIGHT ON!

I especially agree with this: Class 3 homophobes actually believe that they are not homophobic and pretend that there is no such thing as homophobia (except in extreme cases). They recognize homophobia as a socially negative label and since they believe that their morals are superior to everyone elses, they deny that they could be something that is morally unacceptable.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:01 am

Anyone else?
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:32 pm

Maybe not every homophobe but it wouldn't surprise me if more than a few were.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:45 pm

alan smithee wrote:Maybe not every homophobe but it wouldn't surprise me if more than a few were.

I'm hoping in my lifetime there will be a release of a pictorial from the lovely state of Kansas. I don't want to see it Shocked But I hope it exists.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:46 pm

alan smithee wrote:Maybe not every homophobe but it wouldn't surprise me if more than a few were.
    co-signs
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:54 pm

CeCe wrote:

I'm hoping in my lifetime there will be a release of a pictorial from the lovely state of Kansas. I don't want to see it Shocked But I hope it exists.

CeCe, if you're referring to the Westboro Baptist Church... ROFLMAO!
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:20 pm

alan smithee wrote:
    CeCe wrote:

Wink
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:55 pm

CeCe wrote:
    alan smithee wrote:

Wink

I must confess that it went over my head the first time I read it (I was sitting down at the time.)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 6:55 am