CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+3
Supernova
Tony Marino
Marc™
7 posters

Garfield

Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Garfield  Empty Garfield

Post by Marc™ Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:31 am

I caught his latest show on the cartoon network a few times, but it's not as good as the old 80s cartoon specials and series starring Lorenzo Music. This new one almost tries to animate the CGI look of the films.....and in the meantime Garfield himself isn't as ominous and dark as he is supposed to be.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Garfield  Empty Re: Garfield

Post by Tony Marino Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:47 am

He is just a fat cat!
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:12 pm

The 80s and 90s cartoons are THE best. I was watching one of the special 3 packs last night with my nephew, and they were amazing. In Here Comes Garfield and Garfield on the Town, they're funny, they're entertaining, and any viewers who also remembers The Charlie Brown and Snoopy Show from the 80s will notice some very similar animation between the two cartoons.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male

Post by Marc™ Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:46 pm

Nothing will top LM-voiced Garfield. That was classic. I have the books and am contemplating picking up some of the DVDs.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:45 pm

Indeed, Lorenzo Music WAS Garfield. Using the guy who did the voice of Fred on Scooby Doo and Ray in the Real Ghostbusters was NOT one of their better ideas, but then again neither was the computer animated series.
    RobbieFTW
    RobbieFTW
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.

Male
    Rep : 145

Post by RobbieFTW Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:31 pm

I can forgive the new Garfield for not sounding exactly the same, since Lorenzo Music DIED, but the new voice actor is acceptable. The new Garfield Show tho sucks bigtime. The plots are paper thin and it doesn't hold your attention. The only ok thing about it is that it doesn't have that lame US Acres attached to it.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male

Post by Marc™ Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:57 am

Garfield & Friends

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:48 am

RobbieFTW wrote:I can forgive the new Garfield for not sounding exactly the same, since Lorenzo Music DIED, but the new voice actor is acceptable. The new Garfield Show tho sucks bigtime. The plots are paper thin and it doesn't hold your attention. The only ok thing about it is that it doesn't have that lame US Acres attached to it.

I like US Acres. "Roy! The barn's full of hockey pucks and your goldfish ran away!"
    JeanMerc82
    JeanMerc82
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female
    Rep : 4

Post by JeanMerc82 Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:48 am

Supernova wrote:The 80s and 90s cartoons are THE best. I was watching one of the special 3 packs last night with my nephew, and they were amazing. In Here Comes Garfield and Garfield on the Town, they're funny, they're entertaining, and any viewers who also remembers The Charlie Brown and Snoopy Show from the 80s will notice some very similar animation between the two cartoons.
    co-signs
    MEWarner
    MEWarner
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Female
    Rep : 2

Post by MEWarner Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:58 pm

I love Garfield too! definitely the 80s & 90's versions are the best ones. I've never seen the newer Garfield and don't intend to, but thank god the DVD's so I can watch the older Garfield over and over again.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:45 pm

MEWarner wrote:I love Garfield too! definitely the 80s & 90's versions are the best ones. I've never seen the newer Garfield and don't intend to, but thank god the DVD's so I can watch the older Garfield over and over again.

Indeeeeed, have you seen the original half hour specials from the 80s or just the TV show Garfield & Friends?
    MEWarner
    MEWarner
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Female

Post by MEWarner Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:24 pm

Supernova wrote:
    MEWarner wrote:I love Garfield too! definitely the 80s & 90's versions are the best ones. I've never seen the newer Garfield and don't intend to, but thank god the DVD's so I can watch the older Garfield over and over again.

Indeeeeed, have you seen the original half hour specials from the 80s or just the TV show Garfield & Friends?

I think just the TV show.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:13 pm

The specials are good too, most of them anyway, Garfield Gets a Life was kind of bleh but otherwise they're very good: Garfield's Halloween Adventure better known as Garfield in Disguise, Babes and Bullets, Garfield's 9 Lives, Garfield's Feline Fantasies, Garfield's Thanksgiving, A Garfield Christmas, Garfield on the Town, Here comes Garfield, Garfield in the Rough, Garfield in Paradise, Garfield Goes Hollywood, they're all very good.
    MEWarner
    MEWarner
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Female

Post by MEWarner Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:37 pm

Supernova wrote:The specials are good too, most of them anyway, Garfield Gets a Life was kind of bleh but otherwise they're very good: Garfield's Halloween Adventure better known as Garfield in Disguise, Babes and Bullets, Garfield's 9 Lives, Garfield's Feline Fantasies, Garfield's Thanksgiving, A Garfield Christmas, Garfield on the Town, Here comes Garfield, Garfield in the Rough, Garfield in Paradise, Garfield Goes Hollywood, they're all very good.

Yeah I've never seen those I'm sure. I think the show is better, but that's just me. Although if I watched the half hour specials I would've maybe liked them.
    jennab85
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female

Post by jennab85 Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:39 pm

I also prefer the 80's and 90's Garfield cartoons. Sometime back my nephew was watching the new show on the Cartoon Network and I didn't care for it all.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:41 pm

jennab85 wrote:I also prefer the 80's and 90's Garfield cartoons. Sometime back my nephew was watching the new show on the Cartoon Network and I didn't care for it all.

Have to agree, I got one of the new DVDs for my birthday a couple years back, I couldn't even get halfway through it, it's just so bad. My two nephews have seen it and don't think much of it either.
    MEWarner
    MEWarner
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Female

Post by MEWarner Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:43 pm

Supernova wrote:
    jennab85 wrote:I also prefer the 80's and 90's Garfield cartoons. Sometime back my nephew was watching the new show on the Cartoon Network and I didn't care for it all.

Have to agree, I got one of the new DVDs for my birthday a couple years back, I couldn't even get halfway through it, it's just so bad. My two nephews have seen it and don't think much of it either.

then I'm so glad that I have only seen the 80s & 90's cartoon.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 9:18 pm