CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+4
Nystyle709
wants2laugh
Tony Marino
RedBedroom
8 posters

People ignoring "no parking" signs

RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

People ignoring "no parking" signs Empty People ignoring "no parking" signs

Post by RedBedroom Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:19 pm

I'm really upset with the lack of consideration people displayed today. There is a subdivision here that holds an annual neighborhood sale. It has been an annual event for 18 years and is HUGE. I was impressed last night when I went to the Friday night preview that the neighborhood had placed numerous "no parking" signs on one side of every street. It was always so congested and with people trying to drive through and kids walking around, it was literally dangerous.

Well, I went back this morning to the rest of the sales and people had literally ignored the signs. These were wonderfully well-made signs and a very good idea. People just parked on both sides anyway.

I feel bad for the sellers because as it is, they get heat from the non-participating residents because it really robs them of a peaceful Friday night and Saturday. So, these signs were such a good idea and people just don't give a shit.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

People ignoring "no parking" signs Empty Re: People ignoring "no parking" signs

Post by Tony Marino Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:50 pm

Thats the way it is people just do what the hell they want and screw you!
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:33 pm

people suck! sad
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:23 pm

T-o-w.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:29 pm

They ignore the fire lane, handicap & pregnant spaces too. People honestly don't give a damn anymore.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:49 pm

Nystyle709 wrote:T-o-w.

I was wondering if they would have an legal alternatives to get them ticketed or whatever. I don't know.

These were not shoddy signs. Either they spent a ton of money or someone has a sign business that did it.

I hope they are able to get them ticketed next year. My best guess is they assumed people would obey the signs.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:56 am

Privately made signs don't work. The city has to put up the signs and have a cop with a ticket book. The organizers should approach the city and have half the street officially no parking for safety reasons.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:37 am

Shale wrote:Privately made signs don't work. The city has to put up the signs and have a cop with a ticket book. The organizers should approach the city and have half the street officially no parking for safety reasons.

Yeah, I am so curious if this happens next year. I don't know the process for all that, but I am guessing they won't get legal help.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:53 am

Shale wrote:Privately made signs don't work. The city has to put up the signs and have a cop with a ticket book. The organizers should approach the city and have half the street officially no parking for safety reasons.

Beat me to it.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:42 am

We went through something with that a couple years back involving our tenant's driveway and the people next to them. These idiots would drive up in the driveway all the time and park in it or block it so the tenants couldn't get in or out; and the father got one of those no parking signs but of course you know how much good that did. Even when the cops were called because they were threatening us and the kids next door, the police didn't do anything with them and said anything and everything that was happening was OUR fault because we were just making trouble for the people vandalizing OUR property.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:51 am

Supernova wrote:We went through something with that a couple years back involving our tenant's driveway and the people next to them. These idiots would drive up in the driveway all the time and park in it or block it so the tenants couldn't get in or out; and the father got one of those no parking signs but of course you know how much good that did. Even when the cops were called because they were threatening us and the kids next door, the police didn't do anything with them and said anything and everything that was happening was OUR fault because we were just making trouble for the people vandalizing OUR property.

In that case, fuck the cops. That's not a case like Red is talking about where people are ignoring an unofficial ban. If this was my private property and not a shared driveway I would have paid to have their car towed and then sued them to get that money back. As for the cops, I would file a complaint way beyond the local level.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 12:51 am