CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+2
Nystyle709
CeCe
6 posters

NC Pastor Sean Harris Issues Non-Apology for Telling Parents to Beat Kids Who Seem Gay

CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Outrage NC Pastor Sean Harris Issues Non-Apology for Telling Parents to Beat Kids Who Seem Gay

Post by CeCe Wed May 02, 2012 11:04 am

NC Pastor Sean Harris Issues Non-Apology for Telling Parents to Beat Kids Who Seem Gay
    NC Pastor Sean Harris Issues Non-Apology for Telling Parents to Beat Kids Who Seem Gay  6a00d8341c730253ef0163051032bd970d-800wi

Pastor Sean Harris of the Berean Baptist Church, who advised parents in a sermon to punch their sons if they seem "girlish" and "crack" their son's wrists if they seem "limp", has issued a non-apology for the video of his sermon which went viral yesterday:

Seean_harrisSean Harris, pastor of Berean Baptist Church on Glensford Drive, said he does not advocate hitting children and wishes he could take back a remark encouraging fathers to punch boys who act effeminately.

But he defended his belief in the need to reinforce traditional gender roles in children.

"If I had to say it again, I would say it differently, no doubt," Harris said Tuesday. "Those weren't planned words, but what I do stand by is that the word of God makes it clear that effeminate behavior is ungodly. I'm not going to compromise on that."

More from the Fayetteville Observer:

From within the church, Harris said, "the response was, 'Pastor, we know you didn't mean that.'"

"We know when you're saying something seriously and when were supposed to just understand the intent and not the application,' "

Harris said. Harris said in the sermon that same-sex couples are free to live together. He argued Tuesday that there was "not an ounce of hate being communicated in that," but said in the sermon that such couples live together "in the most sick and ungodly way."

After listening to the sermon Tuesday, a divinity professor at Campbell University called it "one of the most disappointing and un-Christ-like diatribes I have ever heard."

Here's what Harris said, if you missed it:

"So your little son starts to act a little girlish when he is four years old and instead of squashing that like a cockroach and saying, 'Man up, son, get that dress off you and get outside and dig a ditch, because that is what boys do,' you get out the camera and you start taking pictures of Johnny acting like a female and then you upload it to YouTube and everybody laughs about it and the next thing you know, this dude, this kid is acting out childhood fantasies that should have been squashed....Can I make it any clearer? Dads, the second you see your son dropping the limp wrist, you walk over there and crack that wrist. Man up. Give him a good punch. Ok? You are not going to act like that. You were made by God to be a male and you are going to be a male."

Harris also advised parents to "reign in" girls who seem 'butch' with similar behavior.

Read more: http://www.towleroad.com/2012/05/harris2.html#ixzz1tikp59xQ

Here's the audio:

ok we know it's just a matter of time, right?

Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Outrage Re: NC Pastor Sean Harris Issues Non-Apology for Telling Parents to Beat Kids Who Seem Gay

Post by Nystyle709 Wed May 02, 2012 11:05 am

LOL.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Outrage Re: NC Pastor Sean Harris Issues Non-Apology for Telling Parents to Beat Kids Who Seem Gay

Post by Shale Wed May 02, 2012 11:42 am

Thank You guys for posting these things from other fucked up Southern States. Now I don't have to be so ashamed to tell ppl I live in Florida. This one should counter the Koran burning preacher we got, making Florida a wash in the fucked-upedness scale.

Anyhow, If they have real courts of law in North Carolina, this asswipe may end up as co-respondent in child abuse cases.

What is funny is that my niece as a girl was very butch. One pic of her is printed on a 'baseball card' with her standing at bat in full baseball uniform. (OK, I thot the girl was gonna be lesbian) But no, she's just a girl that doesn't subscribe to gender role assignment. She is now married with kids and helps her husband run a sheep farm in the Dakotas.

Ppl who think and do research know that kids role-play and do gender bending things that mean nothing to how they will be as adults. Maybe some guys who play with dolls will turn out to be gay, just like the boys who dig ditches will turn out to be gay.

But try to tell that to a Babble Belt preacher with narrow, archaic views on sex role assignment.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Wed May 02, 2012 12:29 pm

If you look at him he looks pretty gay to me. What an idiot.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Wed May 02, 2012 5:08 pm

Tony Marino wrote:If you look at him he looks pretty gay to me. What an idiot.

Yeah, I think he does lead credence to the theory linking homophobia to being homosexual.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Wed May 02, 2012 5:11 pm

somebody gotta beat his ass!
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Wed May 02, 2012 5:21 pm

wants2laugh wrote:somebody gotta beat his ass!

He might like that if he gets to dress like this
    NC Pastor Sean Harris Issues Non-Apology for Telling Parents to Beat Kids Who Seem Gay  Blogchainbondage1

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 10:05 pm