CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+2
Supernova
RedBedroom
6 posters

At what age should kids be when parents consider the kid's bf/gf "significant"?

RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

At what age should kids be when parents consider the kid's bf/gf "significant"? Empty At what age should kids be when parents consider the kid's bf/gf "significant"?

Post by RedBedroom Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:17 am

I was 13 when I had my first bf, but it wasn't a serious thing, and it wasn't until I was 16 that I wanted my parents to understand that I had a significant other.

How old were you when your parents acknowledged you sweetheart?
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

At what age should kids be when parents consider the kid's bf/gf "significant"? Empty Re: At what age should kids be when parents consider the kid's bf/gf "significant"?

Post by Supernova Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:19 am

laughing That never happened.
    Impact
    Impact
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 75

At what age should kids be when parents consider the kid's bf/gf "significant"? Empty Re: At what age should kids be when parents consider the kid's bf/gf "significant"?

Post by Impact Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:21 am

I say 16. I had girlfriends as young as eleven, but it wasn't until high school that my family started to take it seriously. My daughters aren't going to date until they're 16.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:24 am

I would much rather my son not "date" until 16, but it seems they like group dates in Jr. High. And they do the whole "going out" thing when they are really just a couple in name only.
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Post by Bluesmama Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:31 am

RedBedroom wrote:I would much rather my son not "date" until 16, but it seems they like group dates in Jr. High. And they do the whole "going out" thing when they are really just a couple in name only.

Interestingly, that's how my daughter was. She wasn't into the couple-dating scene, preferred to hang out with her guy amongst friends. Sounds safer, but since I didn't like some of the "friends" it was still a battle.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:51 am

I am totally seeking the safe zone with this right now. This one girl seems to be sticking now that he is in 7th grade. So far, no official dates, but they all get together at the park. I don't like this and am currently seeking to trade my boy in for a toddler!
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:22 am

My daughter is almost fourteen and has them now, but I don't know how significant I consider them. She barely talks about them in front of me, so that might be part of the reason. The further along she gets into her teens and in high school, the more she'll make them significant to the rest of us, and the more I'll take them seriously.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:59 pm

I was 19.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:23 pm