CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+6
Suzi
Shale
CeCe
Nystyle709
Alan Smithee
Chris
10 posters

Police: Man spanks child petting cat

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

News Police: Man spanks child petting cat

Post by Chris Fri May 04, 2012 7:20 am

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/police-man-spanks-child/nNN4c/

Posted: 4:46 p.m. Tuesday, May 1, 2012
    Police: Man spanks child petting cat

By Mike Petchenik

JOHNS CREEK, Ga. —

A Suwanee man faces charges after, police said, he spanked a child at a veterinarian's office.

Johns Creek police arrested Russell Baughcum, 42, Monday afternoon at the Johns Creek Vet Clinic on Medlock Bridge Road. He's facing a simple battery charge.

According to a police report obtained by Channel 2's Mike Petchenik, witnesses said a 4-year-old boy was trying to pet Baughcum's cat, which just had surgery. The report said the boy's mother told police she was having a hard time controlling her son, and that Baughcum told the boy not to touch the animal, but he wasn't listening. It said the boy nearly pulled the cat's carrier off a chair. The report said Baughcum "struck" the boy on his backside.

Baughcum told police he "struck him lightly on his lower back and buttocks," and that contact was "light enough that he didn't think the child knew he had been touched."

Fulton County Jail officials told Petchenik that Baughcum left the jail Tuesday morning after posting $1,000 bond. Petchenik tried to reach Baughcum at his home, but nobody answered the door.

Parents at a nearby park had plenty of opinions about the allegations and the arrest.

"He should learn that physical violence is not the answer," said Abby Lauderman. "If he had a problem, he should go talk to the parent.”

Parent Eddie Gonzales told Petchenik he believes the arrest and charges were warranted.

"It doesn’t sound like the little kid was doing anything wrong," said Gonzales. "He was curious about the cat and obviously, the guy overreacted.”
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

News Re: Police: Man spanks child petting cat

Post by Alan Smithee Fri May 04, 2012 7:34 am

The report said the boy's mother told police she was having a hard time controlling her son, and that Baughcum told the boy not to touch the animal, but he wasn't listening. It said the boy nearly pulled the cat's carrier off a chair. The report said Baughcum "struck" the boy on his backside.

Baughcum told police he "struck him lightly on his lower back and buttocks," and that contact was "light enough that he didn't think the child knew he had been touched."

He has that, "You've got to be fucking kidding me" look in his mug shot. The mother was having a hard time controlling her son so he did. It sounds like he "spanked" this kid the same way I "spanked" my daughter the one and only time I ever raised my hand to her. Basically a pat on her diapered bottom. I probably wouldn't do that to some stranger's kid...more likely I'd be in his face like R. Lee. Ermey in Full Metal Jacket. "It looks to me like the best part of you ran down the crack of your mama's ass and ended up as a brown stain on the mattress."
    Fucking media, "the ATTACK on the 4 year old boy."
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Fri May 04, 2012 7:53 am

*shaking my head*
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Fri May 04, 2012 9:09 am

"It doesn’t sound like the little kid was doing anything wrong," said Gonzales. "He was curious about the cat and obviously, the guy overreacted.”

It wasn't that much of an overreaction on the man's part. He shouldn't have struck the kid. But the article states the little brat almost pulled the carrier off the chair. Mom needs to work on her parenting skills. If she can't control a 4 year old what is she gonna do in about 10 years? When I started reading this I thought it was going to be some asshole bully thing. But it sounds like it was really just one of those in the moment reflex reactions. I don't give a damn how curious the kid is. He has to learn he can't touch or grab everything that interests him. This is 100% mom's fault. The cat had just had surgery. The carrier bouncing off onto the floor might have seriously injured it. That's probably what flashed though the guy's mind when the kid almost pulled the carrier off. He shouldn't have to "go talk to the parent." She should have gotten up & controlled her kid.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Fri May 04, 2012 9:44 am

Lucky they weren't in Florida. He coulda blown the brat away with a gun and claimed he feared for his life or that of his cat.

BTW, I'd like to hear from all those animal rights nuts who value the life of a cat or dog over that of humans. Srsly that mentality does exist.
    blank stare @ you
    Suzi
    Suzi
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 85

Post by Suzi Fri May 04, 2012 12:16 pm

CeCe wrote:

It wasn't that much of an overreaction on the man's part. He shouldn't have struck the kid. But the article states the little brat almost pulled the carrier off the chair. Mom needs to work on her parenting skills. If she can't control a 4 year old what is she gonna do in about 10 years? When I started reading this I thought it was going to be some asshole bully thing. But it sounds like it was really just one of those in the moment reflex reactions. I don't give a damn how curious the kid is. He has to learn he can't touch or grab everything that interests him. This is 100% mom's fault. The cat had just had surgery. The carrier bouncing off onto the floor might have seriously injured it. That's probably what flashed though the guy's mind when the kid almost pulled the carrier off. He shouldn't have to "go talk to the parent." She should have gotten up & controlled her kid.
    co-signs I couldn't have said it better than you did.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Fri May 04, 2012 3:38 pm

Good grief.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Sat May 05, 2012 4:44 pm

"If he had a problem, he should go talk to the parent.”

I agree with this. Really how hard is it to say "Come get your child". I would have picked up cat carrier and put it out of arms reach of the boy. There was no need for him to spank a strangers child.

Had I been the parent, I probably would have been in jail right there with him. Touch my child, Imma attack you. I don't care how "unruly" he was, it's not for you spank him.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Sun May 06, 2012 6:27 am

I probably would have grabbed the cat and moved it... but I most likely would have smacked teh mother "Control your F@#&ING brat bitch!"

What makes people think they have the right to touch someone else's personal property after the man said to leave my cat alone???? i would counter sue---- emotional pain and suffer of the cat... and make the bitch pay the vet bills! LOL
    Jason B.
    Jason B.
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 70

Post by Jason B. Sun May 06, 2012 12:56 pm

The guy was wrong, but I'm not mad at him. He should have just snapped at the child and then got in his mothers face. He didn't need to spank him. Like I said, I'm not mad at him but it wasn't the way to handle the situation.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 3:51 am