CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+3
wants2laugh
Alan Smithee
Supernova
7 posters

Poor kitty!

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Sad Poor kitty!

Post by Supernova Mon May 14, 2012 6:34 pm

Our poor little kitty cat had a rough spot of fur on her forehead for a few days, which my brother found out was an abscess and he tried lancing it and we've tried putting everything on it, Epson salts, peroxide, Vetericyn, and it just got worse. So we called the vet, who lives clear on the other side of town, we had to take her out there. Okay, this cat is scared of cars, always runs when she hears them, we're supposed to put her in the car and drive her out there. First of all, they supply a pet taxi to put her in, they do not know our cat, no way she would get in that thing. So we put her on the dog's leash and get her in the car, she fights all the way and runs around the front seat and the backseat, crawling on the dashboard, panting like a dog and screaming the whole ride out. I thought we'd never get there, and the vet is not in right now and if he doesn't get in soon, she's going to have to stay overnight and they won't be able to operate until tomorrow. I feel sorry for her and I am just hoping and praying (very much) that he gets in soon, she gets the operation soon, and that all goes well and we can bring her home soon. She already has abandonment issues and vet issues since she was declawed and fixed with one of her previous owners, I'm not sure how once this is all over we're going to get her back without her freaking out again.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Sad Re: Poor kitty!

Post by Alan Smithee Mon May 14, 2012 7:41 pm

I hope she feels better very soon. big hugz
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Mon May 14, 2012 9:54 pm

ooohhhh poor kitty it right! i hope it heals well. in NJ is against the law to travel a cat without a pet carrier.... personally i think they are better and safer. my last two cats acted crazy in the car... but in the carrier they made bad "meows" but they were more calm than with out the carriers.

good luck
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Mon May 14, 2012 10:38 pm

wants2laugh wrote: but in the carrier they made bad "meows"

OMG...people moved out of our way because they thought an ambulance was behind them.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Mon May 14, 2012 10:58 pm

Alan Smithee wrote:

OMG...people moved out of our way because they thought an ambulance was behind them.

LMAO!

Well, that would not have worked with our kitty because we tried everything to get her in the taxi and she would not go, she made sure it was impossible to just 'drop her in' like the vet had suggested. Apparently the vet didn't get in in time to operate today so she has to stay overnight, I hope she rests tonight, and I hope they get done with her early tomorrow and that she'll be alright. Though I'm sure she's going to hate us for a good long while when we go to pick her up.
    Suzi
    Suzi
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 85

Post by Suzi Tue May 15, 2012 2:33 am

We had one cat that sat on my lap everywhere we had to take her in the car. The next one had to go in the kitty carrier, she howled all the way to the vet and all the way home. And our last kitty also goes into the carrier she cries for a minute or two and I sit in the back seat with her, so she calms down. She doesn't like the carrier but it is really the only safe way to transport a cat that doesn't like cars, all you need is for a scared cat to climb down around gas and brake pedals! The last time we were in the vets office the silly cat didn't want to go into the carrier either, the vet said put her in tail first. I slipped my hand under her and lifted her into the carrier butt first. Easy as pie. We also go to a nearby vet so she doesn't have to spend much time in the carrier.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by wants2laugh Tue May 15, 2012 2:57 am

my cat "pretty kitty" hated teh carrier... as soon as she saw it she ran away... I would have to wrestle with her and shove her in. I had adopted her from the vet's office where she was free to roam the whole office. So i thought she would be fine going back there... and instead she was a witch whho tried to claw and scratch (she was declawed so that was useless) and would hiss at everyone there. as soon as we were done and i was holding the carrier again to leave... she would start with the pleasant meows.

my dalmatian loved that vet tho.... the only time i ever used a leash was to go to the vet.. so i would say "wanna gotothevet?" and she would grab her leash and dance at the door. the first time rainy had to stay at the vet overnight... i felt like a mother's who kid left for the first time... i called there every hour to see how she was... and they laughed "your dog is 12yrs old. why are you so conerned?"

"Rainy's never been away from home before" i said
    "Are you serious? wasnt she ever boarded during your vacation?" they asked
    "hell no, my bro/mother would come and stay with her... cant leave her alone! or take her away from home!" LOL her death nearly killed me
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Tue May 15, 2012 8:05 am

We have to cut off all KoKo's escape routes before we even bring out the carrier. With one of our previous cats we wrapped her in a towel to cut down on the squirming.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Tue May 15, 2012 12:15 pm

Hope the kitty is o.k.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by wants2laugh Tue May 15, 2012 1:14 pm

my nephew cat likes the carrier... i leave it out and he sleeps in it... so traveling is not a major incident until we get in the car... then the howling begins
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Tue May 15, 2012 2:14 pm

Well we got an update, they didn't need to operate on her, thank God. The vet was able to clean up the abscess and put iodine on it, but we're waiting for them to call and give us the heads up to come and pick her up. Poor thing, my mom could hear her screaming on the phone clear over all the dogs barking, and they've had her on a leash all day to make sure she can't run off.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Tue May 15, 2012 2:33 pm

That's good news. Hope she's home soon.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Tue May 15, 2012 6:29 pm

I saw a.cat get hit by a car twice last night on the way home. Poor cat.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Tue May 15, 2012 7:05 pm

Well, kitty is home today, and I don't know if she's happy but I definitely think she's relieved. We brought her home in the dreaded cat taxi they somehow managed to get her into, with her screaming and panting the whole way home, took her around back to her food bowl, gave her a whole can of salmon Friskies, she didn't move until the bowl was empty, and has since spent the afternoon lazing under my dad's truck. We were sure she would run off as soon as we got her out of the cage but I figured with the food being the first thing she saw when she got out, that that would help calm her down some and it seemed to work. The doc says her head's going to take a while to heal up but she's good and all we have to do is put some lotion on the area every couple of days so it doesn't dry out and get hard. We are so relieved and so HAPPY to have her back home.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Tue May 15, 2012 8:15 pm

Good to hear there was a happy ending. RIGHT ON!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 3:13 am