CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+11
Bluesmama
Suzi
wants2laugh
zthatzmanz28
Nystyle709
Shale
Tony Marino
Supernova
Alan Smithee
CeCe
Chris
15 posters

Would you rather die at home or in a hospital?

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Would you rather die at home or in a hospital? Empty Would you rather die at home or in a hospital?

Post by Chris Tue May 15, 2012 1:29 pm

If you were ill and knew your time was running out, would you want to be transferred to a hospital/care facility, or spend your final days at home?
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Would you rather die at home or in a hospital? Empty Re: Would you rather die at home or in a hospital?

Post by CeCe Tue May 15, 2012 1:34 pm

I want to die on my own terms which isn't anywhere NEAR a hospital.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Would you rather die at home or in a hospital? Empty Re: Would you rather die at home or in a hospital?

Post by Alan Smithee Tue May 15, 2012 1:35 pm

I definetly don't want to go out in a hospital but maybe I wouldn't want to burden my wife by kicking the bucket at home. Maybe a third option. Like a strip club. Just leave me at the curb with the rest of the trash.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Tue May 15, 2012 2:13 pm

I'll die at home thank you very much, deprive those butchers of their last bit of fun they could possibly get out of me.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Tue May 15, 2012 2:18 pm

Supernova wrote:I'll die at home thank you very much, deprive those butchers of their last bit of fun they could possibly get out of me.

Afraid they'll pose your corpse in embaressing positions and post pictures on the Internet? if I go the strip club route, I wouldn't mind winding up on the web getting a Bronsky while I was still warm.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Tue May 15, 2012 2:33 pm

This reminds me of my father. He stated over and over and over that he wanted to die at home in his own bed. Unfortunately he did not get his wish because he had to be rushed to the hospital and he died in hospice. Point is that we may want to die on our own terms but you don't really know when its going to happen. You could be in a store and just fall down dead or get hit by a car or bus and die tragically in the street. We have no control as to where we are going to die unless we have a grave illness that is slowly taking us then maybe we can say where we want to be when we go but even that, you may have to be rushed to the hospital if some complication arises.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Tue May 15, 2012 3:29 pm

Tony Marino wrote:...We have no control as to where we are going to die unless we have a grave illness that is slowly taking us then maybe we can say where we want to be when we go but even that, you may have to be rushed to the hospital if some complication arises.
    My wife was in hospice care but died at her daughter's home. If I had a slow illness like that I don't think I will wait for the end - maybe actually have a choice when and where I die.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Tue May 15, 2012 3:35 pm

Shale wrote:
    My wife was in hospice care but died at her daughter's home. If I had a slow illness like that I don't think I will wait for the end - maybe actually have a choice when and where I die.

I have said to friends and family that if I found out I had a terminal illness, just before the pain gets to the point where I would have to be drugged up I would pull the car in the garage and keep the motor running.

Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Tue May 15, 2012 3:44 pm

Tony Marino wrote: ... I would pull the car in the garage and keep the motor running.

I don't have a car but a charcoal fired hibachi in a sealed bathroom is the plan.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Tue May 15, 2012 4:19 pm

Shale wrote:

I don't have a car but a charcoal fired hibachi in a sealed bathroom is the plan.

Yeah but then you choke to death and thats a miserable death.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Tue May 15, 2012 4:20 pm

Alan Smithee wrote:

Afraid they'll pose your corpse in embaressing positions and post pictures on the Internet? if I go the strip club route, I wouldn't mind winding up on the web getting a Bronsky while I was still warm.

Whats a Bronsky?
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Tue May 15, 2012 5:49 pm

I guess at home....although it would seem a bit morbid to die where your family will be living afterwards.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Tue May 15, 2012 5:54 pm

Shale wrote:

Tony Marino wrote:

Yeah but then you choke to death and thats a miserable death.

I've researched ways of suicide just in case, so I'm not going to detail it but it would be more of a carbon monoxide thing.

Last edited by CeCe on Tue May 15, 2012 5:59 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : too much editing)
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Tue May 15, 2012 8:29 pm

Tony Marino wrote:

Whats a Bronsky?

It has something to do with these
    Would you rather die at home or in a hospital? Tumblr_lahnntJwFo1qzve32o1_500
    zthatzmanz28
    zthatzmanz28
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Male
    Rep : 13

Post by zthatzmanz28 Tue May 15, 2012 9:20 pm

What's the joke--I want to go quietly and in my sleep like my grandfather--NOT screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Wed May 16, 2012 2:12 am

let me die on a beach in aruba with lots of morphine! and a hot masseuse named Ricardo rubbing me down! lol
    Suzi
    Suzi
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 85

Post by Suzi Wed May 16, 2012 2:36 am

It depends on if I was in a lot of pain or if I was just going to check out quietly.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Wed May 16, 2012 11:06 am

Tony Marino wrote:

Whats a Bronsky?

You put your face in between some chicks triple E boobs. Some men have been suffocated by them. Literally.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Wed May 16, 2012 11:55 am

Alan Smithee wrote:

It has something to do with these
    Would you rather die at home or in a hospital? Tumblr_lahnntJwFo1qzve32o1_500

Oh! I never heard of boobs being referred to as Bronskies.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Wed May 16, 2012 2:22 pm

It's not the boobies themselves.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Wed May 16, 2012 2:23 pm

Nystyle709 wrote:

You put your face in between some chicks triple E boobs. Some men have been suffocated by them. Literally.

Yeah, but I'm planning to already be dead, so... Shrugs (Oh well…)
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Post by Bluesmama Wed May 16, 2012 10:44 pm

Hospital, because I don't want my husband, or anybody, having to hover over me, wipe my shit, and watch me die every single minute. That is such a burden. At least in a hospital they can get a break from it once in awhile.
    FireIce918
    FireIce918
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Female
    Rep : 8

Post by FireIce918 Sat May 19, 2012 3:26 am

Home. Hospitals kill. And they smell like urine.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Sat May 19, 2012 3:41 am

Home, I guess.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Sat May 19, 2012 10:52 pm

It's ironic this question is on here right now. A lady I know is going through exactly what we did with mom. She was diagnosed with cancer with little hope of beating it. This lady was put into hospice care today at a facility. Her family can't be with her at her home. That makes me so sad.

Mom really wanted to die at home. She spent the first month after her diagnosis of cancer in the hospital. When it became clear she wouldn't make it, she just wanted to get home. There were no Hospice people able to make it happen (small town) and THANK GOD, we have a close family friend involved in Hospice and she made it happen. Mom was transported via ambulance to her home and died almost exactly one day after her arrival home.

NY, you said it might be morbid to live in the home after, but I have to tell you are experience was not the least bit morbid. It was peaceful and amazing for her to have it just as she wished.

Dad even (this is a bit odd) insisted she not leave the night she died and wait for the morning for the funeral director to come. The Hospice nurse warned us her body would look different, is it called modeling? Something where the skin gets different. But hers did not. In the morning, she looked just like Mom and left in the light of day after several friends had come to say farewell.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jun 01, 2024 1:45 am