CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+4
Bluesmama
Alan Smithee
Nystyle709
Chris
8 posters

Red states vs. blue states

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Red states vs. blue states Empty Red states vs. blue states

Post by Chris Tue May 29, 2012 1:10 pm

How much does it matter to you if your state is politically more conservative or liberal leaning? Does the sociopolitical mood of your state align with your own personal politics?
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Red states vs. blue states Empty Re: Red states vs. blue states

Post by Nystyle709 Tue May 29, 2012 1:23 pm

I would tend to want to live in a liberal state and where I live does go along with what I agree with more.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Tue May 29, 2012 1:58 pm

I'd rather live in a moderate to liberal state.
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Post by Bluesmama Tue May 29, 2012 2:49 pm

I live in ultra-liberal Oregon and, no, most of it's politics and government is not aligned with mine.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Tue May 29, 2012 2:54 pm

I live in a kind of purple state that usually leans blue presidentially but has more red potential outside of that. I wish it were redder. But then again, it IS mostly red. It's just that densely populated cities tend to breed the leftist herd mentality and they tend to dominate elections. But I suppose it could be worse. It could be New York or California. lol
    captainbryce
    captainbryce
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 127

Post by captainbryce Tue May 29, 2012 11:19 pm

Chris wrote:How much does it matter to you if your state is politically more conservative or liberal leaning? Does the sociopolitical mood of your state align with your own personal politics?
    As a matter of principle, it doesn't matter one bit! I've lived in red states, blue states, purple states and outside the states. How my state leans politically is irrelevant as far as my ability to function in the grand scheme of things. Whether or not the sociopolitical mood of my state matches up with mine is the least of my concerns.

HOWEVER comma, the question as to how any given citizen's state is politically aligned is of great importance to any registered voter. And anyone who doesn't realize the significance of that is IGNORANT! If you are a republican for example, and you live in a liberal state that historically votes democrat, then your vote for the most part does NOT count, and vice-versa. Most people in the US have been raised up to believe that "every vote counts". That is complete and utter bullshit, and even a basic understanding of how the electoral college works in elections prove that this is a false statement. Only the votes that end up being included as part of the electoral total per state count. The rest are thrown out! If the majority of your state votes Republican and you voted Democrat, then your vote has no impact in the general election. The only states where every vote counts are swing states or "purple" states that are moderate. At that point, your vote counts to establish whether or not your state becomes RED or BLUE for that election cycle. THAT'S IT! But if you live in a traditionally red state or a traditionally blue state and you know which way the majority of people are going to vote, if you choose to vote the opposite direction you've basically wasted your time. You might as well not even go to the polls on election day. And that's why its important to know which way your state leans (and how far it leans in that direction). The only way to ensure that your individual vote counts, is to register to vote in a state that is typically "liberal" or "conservative" (whatever floats your boat), then cast your vote via absentee ballot.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Wed May 30, 2012 2:48 am

NJ flip flops alot. Although usually blue.. it sometimes leans more red when they are pissed off at the blue! LOL

often too... locally NJ is often blue, but then leans red in state elections... and blue in presidential..go figure

CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Wed May 30, 2012 10:58 am

wants2laugh wrote:NJ flip flops alot. Although usually blue.. it sometimes leans more red when they are pissed off at the blue! LOL

often too... locally NJ is often blue, but then leans red in state elections... and blue in presidential..go figure

Sounds familiar. Usually blue but somewhat racist & flipped the fuck out after the presidential election & voted repug in 2010 & got us in a hell of a mess.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:25 am