CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

5 posters

Pride Month

Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Pride Month Empty Pride Month

Post by Shale Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:27 am

Saw this pic on Facebook. Israeli Defense Forces acknowledge Pride Month.
    Gives new meaning to "Make Luv - Not War."

Pride Month 539939_425165480839661_602450052_n
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Pride Month Empty Re: Pride Month

Post by wants2laugh Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:48 am

Shale wrote:Saw this pic on Facebook. Israeli Defense Forces acknowledge Pride Month.
    Gives new meaning to "Make Luv - Not War."

Pride Month 539939_425165480839661_602450052_n

not really... they'll love each other and kill the arabs.... israel nothing but a bunch of bullies sad
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Shale Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:49 am

wants2laugh wrote:not really... they'll love each other and kill the arabs.... israel nothing but a bunch of bullies sad

Sorry, not much sympathy for those poor, bullied Arabs who have vowed to destroy the only democracy in the entire Middle East.

Israel is a militarily focused state out of necessity. It was probably wrong that the Western Powers established Israel out of someone else's turf in the 1940s but that is history and now it is a matter of survival of those who are there. Israel has lots of problems but is the lesser of multiple evils.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:25 am

Shale wrote:

Sorry, not much sympathy for those poor, bullied Arabs who have vowed to destroy the only democracy in the entire Middle East.

Israel is a militarily focused state out of necessity. It was probably wrong that the Western Powers established Israel out of someone else's turf in the 1940s but that is history and now it is a matter of survival of those who are there. Israel has lots of problems but is the lesser of multiple evils.

Pretty much, yeah. I don't even think it's a situation where one is right & the other wrong. There's plenty of wrong to go around. But that picture is a nice sight to see & an indication that equality & acceptance is in the hopefully not too distant future. It will never happen in a theocracy. But in parts of the world where people have the right to think for themselves it's very encouraging.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:24 pm

Amazing!!
    Hyacinth Girl
    Hyacinth Girl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 70

Post by Hyacinth Girl Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:53 pm

Shale wrote:

I agree with the first half of that--Israel isn't the ones sending out suicide bombers all over the place and promoting terrorism.

The second half, that was always Israel's land, regardless of when their Statehood was re-established/in effect, and it's everyone else over there that's trying to wipe them off the face of the Earth.

I'm sure I'll get flac for this as I know your stance on the topic, but for those of us who do believe in God, Biblically speaking, Israel's borders originally extended into Egypt up to the Nile, and into Iraq to the Tigris and Euphrates rivers, so by today's standards, they have far less territory than they originally had to begin with, due to these other nations trying to drive out the Jews.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Shale Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:44 pm

Well, OK.

Sorta bringing it back on topic - Israel also does not stone, hang or crush to death ppl for being homosexual as do most of their 'bullied' neighboring countries. And, I think they take all that dreadful stuff in Leviticus as being some outdated ramblings that is no longer relevant.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Shale Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:10 am

Final week of Pride Month.

For those who think that Gay Pride is no big deal...

You have to know how it was. How my generation grew up under oppression both real and implied.

You could really be harassed and arrested in many parts of the U.S. for loving someone of the same gender. (This BTW, went on until the U.S. Supreme court ruled on a Texas case
    in 2003 that it violated equal protection under the U.S. Constitution).

Pride Month 306984_480796475283144_209278437_n

And, in my childhood homosexuality was officially seen as a disease or psychological disorder and it was implied that if you were attracted to a member of your own sex you were somehow flawed and aberrant.

Then, as with the other civil rights disturbances of the late 1960s, gay men in New York City said ENUF IS ENUF!!

Pride Month 521418_10150920492012462_1518511251_n

The Stonewall Riot is why we celebrate Pride Month in June.

Last edited by Shale on Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:05 pm

I got the first picture in my sig from Stonewall site. Of course the second is pretty well known as the JC Penny Father's Day ad. Regardless of how much the AFA backed 40,000 moms with a drawer full of socks whine, it shows how far the country has come. Still got a ways to go but we WILL get there.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 3:01 am