CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

4 posters

Girl injured while car surfing speaks out about accident

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Girl injured while car surfing speaks out about accident Empty Girl injured while car surfing speaks out about accident

Post by Supernova Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:45 pm

http://todayhealth.today.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/06/12/12186582-it-hurts-to-be-alive-teen-warns-about-car-surfing-dangers#comments

The comments aren't much yet but so far anybody who's flat out said this was stupid, it's inexcusably stupid, you'd have to be stupid to try something like this, are being attacked because sabes que 'we were all young once and did stupid dangerous stuff that could've cost us our lives'. Not ALL of us, and there is a wide difference between most stupid stuff teenagers do and trying to ride on the back of a moving car, what idiot DOESN'T think that could be dangerous or they could get hurt or killed?
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Girl injured while car surfing speaks out about accident Empty Re: Girl injured while car surfing speaks out about accident

Post by CeCe Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:52 pm

Kids aren't known for always thinking things through. This kind of thing is stupid but some kids think they have the invincibility gene. We've had the Jackass generation & dozens of copycats. So some kid somewhere will always tie a sled to the back of a car, sit on the hood, take a header off the roof onto a trampoline, ride a shopping cart down a hill & things even dumber than that. That's never gonna change. All we can hope is they don't get seriously hurt or killed & snap the hell out of it before that happens.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Girl injured while car surfing speaks out about accident Empty Re: Girl injured while car surfing speaks out about accident

Post by RedBedroom Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:21 pm

It's painful to think about all the stupid things kids do. I saw the story about this girl and I am glad her parents are speaking out. I am sure there are a couple kids who will hear this and decide not to car surf because of it. She seemed to have quite a life prior to this new way of life of wearing a helmet due to her compromised skull and physical therapy every day.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:43 pm

*shaking my head* At least she's speaking out about it.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:43 am

CeCe wrote:Kids aren't known for always thinking things through. This kind of thing is stupid but some kids think they have the invincibility gene. We've had the Jackass generation & dozens of copycats. So some kid somewhere will always tie a sled to the back of a car, sit on the hood, take a header off the roof onto a trampoline, ride a shopping cart down a hill & things even dumber than that. That's never gonna change. All we can hope is they don't get seriously hurt or killed & snap the hell out of it before that happens.

That might be but the thing about kids is they are in the beginning taught to actually THINK, usually. And maybe this is just me, I don't know about anyone else, but how many times growing up did you hear you NEVER get out of a moving vehicle, well if you wouldn't get OUT of one, WHY would you try to catch a ride on the BACK of one?
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:11 pm

A majority of kids think they are invincible. All the bad stuff happens to others, not them. If a 17-year-old has never even had a broken bone or bad illness, they "know" they are someone injury and illness don't happen to....well, till it does. So, from 17 to 27, the further in the maturity process and more common sense and better deduction skills set in and the bad choices are fewer and farther between.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:17 pm

RedBedroom wrote:A majority of kids think they are invincible. All the bad stuff happens to others, not them. If a 17-year-old has never even had a broken bone or bad illness, they "know" they are someone injury and illness don't happen to....well, till it does. So, from 17 to 27, the further in the maturity process and more common sense and better deduction skills set in and the bad choices are fewer and farther between.

I had more sense than that as a kid and I sure as hell had more sense than that at 17, and I never had anything broken either.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:44 pm

Supernova wrote:

I had more sense than that as a kid and I sure as hell had more sense than that at 17, and I never had anything broken either.

I am not saying this applies to every child ever born.

Consider the fact that today's teens have grown up seeing average joes get rich and famous doing stupid stunts (ala Jackass and other like shows). So, kids do this stupid shit and unlike our generation, they are able to film it. That really ups the ante for them to outdo each other.

I praise this family for not hiding their daughter, who did something very, very stupid. They are trying to make a difference and protect other families from going through the same nightmare. Yet, counterproductive assholes are intent to bash the girl. All this accomplishes is fewer families becoming advocates due to fear of ridicule.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:58 pm

What happened to her was horrible and it's going to affect the rest of her life but that doesn't mean we don't look at the fact that it was a 100% avoidable, completely IDIOTIC situation she put herself in because anybody who has a brain and USES it can NOT possibly think standing up on the back of a moving car isn't dangerous.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:26 pm

Supernova wrote:What happened to her was horrible and it's going to affect the rest of her life but that doesn't mean we don't look at the fact that it was a 100% avoidable, completely IDIOTIC situation she put herself in because anybody who has a brain and USES it can NOT possibly think standing up on the back of a moving car isn't dangerous.

And every year at every air show there are people who wing walk & people pay to see it. They are literally STANDING on a plane wing in flight with no safety net or security.

These kids are part of the reality show, youtube, Jackass (sometimes literally) generation. You can just be the next instant star to go viral now. It's being a daredevil taken to new levels. Stupid? Sure it is. But it's something that's always existed & always will.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:42 pm

CeCe wrote:

And every year at every air show there are people who wing walk & people pay to see it. They are literally STANDING on a plane wing in flight with no safety net or security.

These kids are part of the reality show, youtube, Jackass (sometimes literally) generation. You can just be the next instant star to go viral now. It's being a daredevil taken to new levels. Stupid? Sure it is. But it's something that's always existed & always will.

Not always. It used to be if you burnt yourself deliberately touching a hot skillet, you learned not to do it again, instead of deciding to have everyone watch your stupidity.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:59 am