CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+5
Shale
Jason B.
Bluesmama
CeCe
RedBedroom
9 posters

How do you feel when a person swears loudly in a public place?

RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

How do you feel when a person swears loudly in a public place? Empty How do you feel when a person swears loudly in a public place?

Post by RedBedroom Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:49 pm

This bugs me. I swear. I swear a lot. But I know how to reel it in when in public. I can't stand people who do not dial it down in public.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

How do you feel when a person swears loudly in a public place? Empty Re: How do you feel when a person swears loudly in a public place?

Post by CeCe Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:57 pm

The swearing doesn't bother me. Really just words to me. I'd rather hear someone close by swearing than to be stuck at a restaurant listening to someone talking so damn loud on purpose they can be heard all the way across the room.

I do try to tone it down as much as possible in certain situations although I'm sure some slip out anyway.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

How do you feel when a person swears loudly in a public place? Empty Re: How do you feel when a person swears loudly in a public place?

Post by RedBedroom Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:20 pm

Well, the way I see it is some parents do not want their children hearing swear words. Yeah, I know that is being idealistic, but I don't ever want to offend anyone and I think others should extend the general public the same courtesy.

Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Post by Bluesmama Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:23 pm

I swear a lot, too, but not in every other sentence, and I seldom do it loudly. I still believe in manners. And I can't stand it when I'm near someone who has to spew 'f' this and 'f' that. . . they sound like morons. Had one sitting next to me in the bus yesterday doing just that in his cell-phone and I would have moved if there was another seat farther back.
    Jason B.
    Jason B.
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 70

Post by Jason B. Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:40 pm

Honestly I don't care for it and think it's tacky. I don't care if people curse in public, but keep the volume down on it.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:00 am

How timely. Just today I was swearing loudly in a public place - the street.

I had the light, was biking across a 3 lane street when this car just kept coming. I thot I was hit and the car slid to within a foot of my back bike wheel but I was dead in the middle when it was obvious he was running the light.

Well, everyone within a block heard me call that STUPID MOTHERFUCKER some bad words from the middle of the street. Those in traffic who saw it understood that I might be upset.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:02 am

Shale wrote:How timely. Just today I was swearing loudly in a public place - the street.

I had the light, was biking across a 3 lane street when this car just kept coming. I thot I was hit and the car slid to within a foot of my back bike wheel but I was dead in the middle when it was obvious he was running the light.

Well, everyone within a block heard me call that STUPID MOTHERFUCKER some bad words from the middle of the street. Those in traffic who saw it understood that I might be upset.

Goodness...in that situation, I think you were totally justified! Glad you are o.k.
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Post by Bluesmama Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:02 am

Shale wrote:How timely. Just today I was swearing loudly in a public place - the street.

Mmmmm. . . I don't think that's the scenario she's referring to. In your case today, probably everyone else who witnessed chimed right in with you ~ as would I!

But it's all around us ~ people who just like to swear constantly and loudly with no content or reason for it. Teens and younger adults are the ones really guilty of this.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:44 am

It's unnecessary to be obnoxious with it.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:19 am

Basically what everyone else said.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:35 am

I FUCKING HATE people swearing! embarassed laughing

Really, I agree with everyone... little kids so not be exposed to that stuff.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:34 am

I don't care as long as there are no children around.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 12:26 pm