CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+4
Alan Smithee
Bluesmama
RedBedroom
wants2laugh
8 posters

Stupid People

wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Stupid Stupid People

Post by wants2laugh Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:28 am

The 911 call about the sandwich thread reminded me of when I was in customer service and had to deal with stupid people. I worked in a catalog call center for a printing company that provide letterhead and supplies to doctors, lawyers, and accountants. The nicest people were the veternairans... the craziest people were the psychologists/psychiatrists.

This one shrink called asking if i would type up a sample of letterhead for her, with layout, logo, and her chosen font-- then fax it to her. I explained to her that I would mail out a sample kit of all the various papers that we offered. After she received the fax, she called me back, "I love the layout and the letter style, and all the information is correct, but the paper is NOT high quality at all." I then said, "what paper are you talking about? I explained earlier that I was mailing a sample kit so you could choose a paper" She resonded, NO LIE::: "The paper you faxed to me. Everything was great, but the paper itself is not satisfactory for my letterhead".

It took me over 20 minutes to explain to this woman that PAPER can not be faxed from one place to another!

Do you have any stupid people stories???
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Stupid Re: Stupid People

Post by RedBedroom Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:38 am

Wowzer...She was a scholar!

I will always remember the friend who said that it was so strange she had this bad luck of exiting onto a highway when raining only to find it instantly starts raining harder when she gets on the highway.

The best part is I have told this story countless times since 1996, only to have people not understand my point on how stupid she was.
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Post by Bluesmama Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:53 am

My husband had an office girl who did a good one. He handed her some documents and asked her to file them in red type. The clients were all filed by surname, naturally, but he wanted the label for this particular one in red . When he looked for the file a few days later it took him a while. Instead of the name, the tab said "Red File".
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by wants2laugh Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:58 am

Bluesmama wrote:My husband had an office girl who did a good one. He handed her some documents and asked her to file them in red type. The clients were all filed by surname, naturally, but he wanted the label for this particular one in red . When he looked for the file a few days later it took him a while. Instead of the name, the tab said "Red File".

That sounds crazy... but in certain business circles, they actually do use "red files". They even refer to it on the old DALLAS... JR has a "red file" that no one else is supposed to see. We had them at Eckerd drugs and they were filled with names of prescription forgers, shop lifters, and old employees who were fired.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:53 am

wants2laugh wrote:The 911 call about the sandwich thread reminded me of when I was in customer service and had to deal with stupid people. I worked in a catalog call center for a printing company that provide letterhead and supplies to doctors, lawyers, and accountants. The nicest people were the veternairans... the craziest people were the psychologists/psychiatrists.

This one shrink called asking if i would type up a sample of letterhead for her, with layout, logo, and her chosen font-- then fax it to her. I explained to her that I would mail out a sample kit of all the various papers that we offered. After she received the fax, she called me back, "I love the layout and the letter style, and all the information is correct, but the paper is NOT high quality at all." I then said, "what paper are you talking about? I explained earlier that I was mailing a sample kit so you could choose a paper" She resonded, NO LIE::: "The paper you faxed to me. Everything was great, but the paper itself is not satisfactory for my letterhead".

It took me over 20 minutes to explain to this woman that PAPER can not be faxed from one place to another!

LMAO!
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:57 am

I have quite of few...but I remember a while ago, me, my cousin and his girlfriend were riding in a car one day to go somewhere. They didn't know where to go, so they were trying to get directions over phone. This was back in the day before cell phones became popular and GPS. So he tells us to look for the UPS building because we were supposed to turn down that street or whatever. Since she was in the passenger seat, she was supposed to look out on her side and I was in the backseat on the driver's side so I was supposed to look out on my side. Apparently, we've been driving around in circles and I happened to look over on her side and I saw the building. I was like "Dang Kelly, it's RIGHT there, how could you not have seen it?" She replied, which much attitude might I add, and I quote "You told me to look for the UPS building...that says United Parcel Service!". Me and my cousin just looked at her.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:39 pm

My cousin has had some of these moments. We were in her house so when the electricity had gone out, she shouted "I'll go check the pilot light."
    Minerva
    Minerva
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Female
    Rep : 18

Post by Minerva Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:59 am

When I processed health insurance claims I used to get a chuckle out of people who tried to claim all sorts of medical conditons as "accidents." That was probably because they know that accident claims were reimbursed at 100% up to a certain maximum and there was no deductible.

The best story was from a guy who claimed his getting an std due to accidental circumstances. In the part of his claim form that asked whether his claim was due to accident or illness he checked accident. In the "describe accident" part he wrote:

"I was in bed with my girlfriend, doing what comes naturally, when the fickle finger of fate shot me down."

This was the 70's and he was obviously a fan of the TV show "Laugh In."
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by wants2laugh Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:16 am

Nystyle709 wrote: and I quote "You told me to look for the UPS building...that says United Parcel Service!". Me and my cousin just looked at her.

LMAO!

my mom is great for stupid moments--- she once called 911 saying that she heard gun shots outside her bedroom window... the cops came and said that she probably heard something else like a car back firing, etc. she said "no, i was in the airforce, i have fired many guns myself. it was a gunshot."

later she heard the sound again.. and called 911 again. Then she called me to come investigate (nothing like sending ur daughter to investigate gunshots right?)

it turned out to be air getting into the pump on the cat's water fountain!
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:36 am

Shrugs (Oh well…) Well...at least it wasn't 'cause someone fucked up her sandwich.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:59 am

wants2laugh wrote:

LMAO!

my mom is great for stupid moments--- she once called 911 saying that she heard gun shots outside her bedroom window... the cops came and said that she probably heard something else like a car back firing, etc. she said "no, i was in the airforce, i have fired many guns myself. it was a gunshot."

later she heard the sound again.. and called 911 again. Then she called me to come investigate (nothing like sending ur daughter to investigate gunshots right?)

it turned out to be air getting into the pump on the cat's water fountain!

Your last two paragraphs have me laughing so hard. Throw daugher to the wolves...In the name of cat water.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:55 am

Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:34 am

wants2laugh wrote:The 911 call about the sandwich thread reminded me of when I was in customer service and had to deal with stupid people. I worked in a catalog call center for a printing company that provide letterhead and supplies to doctors, lawyers, and accountants. The nicest people were the veternairans... the craziest people were the psychologists/psychiatrists.

What an idiot LOL!
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by wants2laugh Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:11 pm

I have lots of stupid boss stories. I worked on a machine called a "tray sorter". One sunday, my crew worked soooo fast and we really worked together well. We finished the mail that was supposed to be delivered on Tues, so we did Wednesday's mail too. Then we had nothing left to do, so we cleaned up the area and took a 15 minute break before the end of the shift.

The boss of the whole building saw me and my partner by the machine just finishing up paperwork... and came and said "where'd everyone go? it looked like a mass exodus! This machine should be running... I notice EVERYTHING, and I will remember!"

I looked at my partner, then looked at the boss, and said, "if you notice EVERYTHING, then you would have noticed the 3 hampers of mail that are sitting right behind you waiting for your decision. They have been sitting there since Thursday! (today was sunday) The are filled with mail that can't run on either machine and labeled requesting YOUR decision!" asshole.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 1:52 pm