CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

3 posters

Stupid things people say online

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Stupid things people say online Empty Stupid things people say online

Post by Supernova Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:23 pm

This is going beyond the usual trolling some idiots do, what are some, unbelievably stupid, stand-out-in-your-mind things that you have read online that people have said?

I remember one guy who was trying to make SUCH a point of why homeschooling was bad, he said kids HAD to go to public school so they wouldn't turn out like Jim Jones. And he could've had a good argument, Jim Jones was a conniving, evil, manipulative, murdering bastard...EXCEPT that he went to PUBLIC school his whole youth.

And I remember another one...somebody else made a smartass remark about sports are all very creative and original and expressive, and all art is boring and pointless and no painting or sculpture or anything is any different from anything else. That in organized sports that have a hundred rules and you get fined five yards for even breathing wrong, there is were CREATIVITY lies.

Then there was another one, this was back during the never ending discussions about the guilt or innocence of Michael Jackson. One thing everybody kept going back to was that he slept in beds with children, which he admitted to (and first off, HOW many pedophiles are going to go on TV and confess what they do to millions of people?). And that led to a big debate over in other customs and cultures, unrelated adults and kids sleep together all the time...and there was one loon out of the whole bunch that said it was abuse for an adult and a child who weren't related to sleep in the same bed. ABUSE, even if the child didn't realize it, it was abuse to share a bed with an adult who wasn't in his blood line. Okay, I'm on one side of the bed, you're in the other side of the bed, we're both trying to sleep, we're each using the same blankets and sleeping on the same mattress, where does abuse come into that?

But I think one of the ones that just caps it all is the oh so smart atheist who when asked if one day he woke up and millions of people, and all children, had just disappeared off the face of the planet, what he would draw the conclusion to be, he said the cause of all the disappearances would be an allergic reaction they had.

Anybody else got some to add?

Does anybody else have some to add?
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Stupid things people say online Empty Re: Stupid things people say online

Post by RedBedroom Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:06 pm

Someone debating me about children in motorsports said, "The last time I checked, nobody under 16 can legally operate a dirt bike or four wheeler." First of all, that is totally false, and second, I despise the phrase, "last time I checked."

TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:24 pm

I've had a few really stupid comments when people learn I'm from Canada - had someone ask if we really live in igloos and another asked if it snowed all the time. Someone also asked if I had my own dog sled team. Those are questions that have become running jokes amongst Canadians, but I was still pretty shocked when I was actually asked those questions.

Oooooh - back on this one message board, rabid posters told a group of us that we supported rape and deserved to be raped ourselves because we liked a character who had raped a women when he was in college. They were wishing rape on us. That group is still pretty crazy - the kind who give soap viewers a bad name as crazy nuts who have something wrong with them.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:46 am

TSJFan4Ever wrote:I've had a few really stupid comments when people learn I'm from Canada - had someone ask if we really live in igloos and another asked if it snowed all the time. Someone also asked if I had my own dog sled team. Those are questions that have become running jokes amongst Canadians, but I was still pretty shocked when I was actually asked those questions.

Oooooh - back on this one message board, rabid posters told a group of us that we supported rape and deserved to be raped ourselves because we liked a character who had raped a women when he was in college. They were wishing rape on us. That group is still pretty crazy - the kind who give soap viewers a bad name as crazy nuts who have something wrong with them.

Wow...that is rather graphic. I have a work out buddy from the Y, and she is just a girl wanting to work out.Just like I am.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 2:02 am