CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+8
Alan Smithee
Marc™
Tony Marino
Shale
Supernova
CeCe
Bluesmama
Chris
12 posters

Have you ever been friends with someone who had your first name?

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Have you ever been friends with someone who had your first name? Empty Have you ever been friends with someone who had your first name?

Post by Chris Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:33 am

Have you ever shared a first name with a friend?
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Have you ever been friends with someone who had your first name? Empty Re: Have you ever been friends with someone who had your first name?

Post by Bluesmama Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:35 am

Oh, heavens, yes! I grew up in a community with a high European percentage and there were many who shared my name. One, though, went by her middle name. And two of my friends today have the same first name but one goes by her middle name.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Have you ever been friends with someone who had your first name? Empty Re: Have you ever been friends with someone who had your first name?

Post by CeCe Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:38 am

Easily. It's a common name. Even my tat guy has the same name.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:10 am

Not a chance in hell, mine's a bit of a rare one, especially for girls.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:41 am

When I got to New Orleans in '67 I shared an apartment with a guy I met named Robert. We had a friend who would come from the 'burbs and crash at our place so he could work downtown on weekends - his name was also Robert.

Got confusing at times. Once I picked up the fone and a woman who sounded like my aunt asked for Bob and I talked a few minutes with her before realizing it was the other Bob she wanted to talk to. It helped when Bob's GF started calling me Fuzzy (I had a mustache and was a rent-a-cop).

Oh, and how about someone with your first and last name. I have a second cousin with the same name. We discovered each other after he read an article by me in a nudist magazine and contacted the publisher. (got another article out of it, discovering a nudist relative by way of the magazine)

Have you ever been friends with someone who had your first name? 1993RobBoyteX2Jultxt
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:59 pm

LOL yes since Tony is a common name I had 4 at once incuding a female named Toni. We called each other Tony and the initial of our last name. I was Tony M.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:24 pm

Yep. But usually they as I recall, they spelled theirs the wrong way (with a 'k' at the end.)
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:25 pm

Friendly with but not friends.
    Minerva
    Minerva
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Female
    Rep : 18

Post by Minerva Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:25 pm

Yes. We called ourselves One and Two. I was One because I was older.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:34 pm

Although there are some people out there with my first name, it's still pretty rare. I've met one person in my life with the same name as mine....but we weren't friends. And she spelled her differently.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:14 pm

I've never met anyone with my name, although I've been told once or twice, "I know someone with your name".
    Suzi
    Suzi
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 85

Post by Suzi Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:17 am

No one else's parents were stupid enough to hang my name on their kid. I have met a couple of people over my 72 years that shared my first name, but they weren't friends.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 8:20 pm