CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

5 posters

Judge orders 13-year-old girl's mother to cut off her ponytail after daughter cuts off 3-year-old's hair

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

News Judge orders 13-year-old girl's mother to cut off her ponytail after daughter cuts off 3-year-old's hair

Post by Supernova Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:51 pm

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/06/23/12376142-judge-13-year-old-girl-gets-lighter-sentence-if-her-ponytail-gets-cut-off#comments

Okay so order isn't the right word but it was a long title as it was. I do think cutting off her hair so she sees what it's like was a good idea, though I can't help thinking one commenter was right and they should've shaved her head bald completely, some girls like short haircuts but I can't think of too many that will shrug off being shaved like Sinead O'Connor.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

News Re: Judge orders 13-year-old girl's mother to cut off her ponytail after daughter cuts off 3-year-old's hair

Post by RedBedroom Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:33 am

Wow. Strange story. Don't some cultures value hair length? I am thinking Mormon? And they are big in Utah.

I won't be popular when I say, I don't agree with it. Yeah, I think that girl "deserved" to go Sinead after what a cruel thing she did. But there are a couple things wrong with this. Other offenders do not "get done onto them that they did onto others." I don't think that should be part of the justice system..well, not the legal justice system. If my son did anything to another kid's hair, my son would lose his long locks. That would be momma justice. But that's just me...I wouldn't need a judge to make that happen. And before you think, "Well, you have a boy..." My son has worn his hair long for about six years. He is entirely vain about his hair, more-so than probably 30% of the girls his age. And it would all be gone if he did anything like that.

Anyway, really all this judge did was open the county up to a lawsuit. And if the girl's hair has to do with any type of belief system, God Bless that county. They are going to fork over some dough.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

News Re: Judge orders 13-year-old girl's mother to cut off her ponytail after daughter cuts off 3-year-old's hair

Post by Supernova Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:38 am

I doubt any girl that makes threats to rape another child and decides to play butcher barber on a toddler has any kind of beliefs, even those involving her hair.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:43 am

Well, maybe I read it wrong. I thought the alleged calls were to another kid and not to the victim, although they were provided by the victim's mother. Again, I maybe read it wrong.

Regardless...She wasn't facing the judge about the phone calls.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:41 am

LOL. Not surprising this is in Utah.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:55 am

At 13 the little brat was making calls of rape and mutilation? I would have shaved her head completely and then given her the full sentence and see if she cuts anyone's hair off in the future.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:06 pm

Tony Marino wrote:At 13 the little brat was making calls of rape and mutilation? I would have shaved her head completely and then given her the full sentence and see if she cuts anyone's hair off in the future.

Of course I also like this one I heard on TV once: 'My mama would've shaved my head, painted my butt blue, covered me with honey and tied me to an anthill'.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:07 pm

LOL good one Supernova.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:02 pm

I don't have a problem with it. All the judge did was give the little bitch a choice. According to the story, she was only getting her community service time shaved, not the 30 days detention. I don't see that as very much coercion. It's not like he ordered her hand cut off.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:09 pm

Alan Smithee wrote:I don't have a problem with it. All the judge did was give the little bitch a choice. According to the story, she was only getting her community service time shaved, not the 30 days detention. I don't see that as very much coercion. It's not like he ordered her hand cut off.

As I always tell my mother, it'll grow back. But when I told her the story she agreed with me that they should've shaved her head.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:19 am