CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+6
TPP
Wadsworth
Shale
Supernova
Cheaps
Chris
10 posters

Eighteen year olds and parents curfews

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Eighteen year olds and parents curfews Empty Eighteen year olds and parents curfews

Post by Chris Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:19 am

Yeah, another curfew thread. lol
    When you turned eighteen, did your parents still try and tell you what time to be in, or were you now completely free to stay out until you were ready to come home?
    Cheaps
    Cheaps
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 252

Eighteen year olds and parents curfews Empty Re: Eighteen year olds and parents curfews

Post by Cheaps Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:11 am

i was 'free' by time i was almost 17, i had a job and was living wit a fren. but after i did move back after 18, no i was never told wat time to be in.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Eighteen year olds and parents curfews Empty Re: Eighteen year olds and parents curfews

Post by Supernova Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:14 am

As long as you have an older brother, it doesn't matter how old you get, there's ALWAYS someone telling you when to get in at night.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:21 am

They never told me what time to be in because I never went out.

Shortly after turning 18, some mean ass drill sergeant was telling me when to turn the lights out.
    Wadsworth
    Wadsworth
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Male
    Rep : 16

Post by Wadsworth Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:29 am

I moved out before I was 18 so that ought to tell you how much "curfew" I had. I'm grown and come and go as I please.
    TPP
    TPP
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 69

Post by TPP Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:25 pm

I moved out of my parents house when I was 16...But before then I didn't have a curfew, exactly. They just needed to know where I was and when to expect me home at all times...
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:07 pm

The latter. My mother didn't like me coming home all hours of the night solely because of a safety concern but she wouldn't try to stop me.
    RobbieFTW
    RobbieFTW
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.

Male
    Rep : 145

Post by RobbieFTW Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:46 pm

I remember for the first six months or so after I turned 18 it being a power struggle between my mom and me when it came to when I would leave and come back. I won though. Plus my stepfather played mediator and would usually side with me.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:26 am

My mother tried to keep me on a leash when I turned 18. Knowing I was legal, she resorted to psychology and trickery to get me back in the house at a certain time. Like back then, I didn't have a car and would often borrow hers....so it became "have my car back at such and such time." When that didn't stop me from being out, she'd reiterate the rules of HER house....throwing up how it was disrespectful it was to be walking in and out past certain times. It was all just her unable to immediately let go of the power she had had over me all those years. Eventually she had to.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:54 pm

I moved out on my 18th birthday. If I had for some random reason stayed there past turning 18, I don't think they would have given me a curfew.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 12:07 am