CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

3 posters

Billy the Kid's tombstone vandalized in New Mexico cemetery

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Billy the Kid's tombstone vandalized in New Mexico cemetery Empty Billy the Kid's tombstone vandalized in New Mexico cemetery

Post by Supernova Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:25 am

http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/lifestyle/2012/06/28/billy-kid-tombstone-vandalized-in-new-mexico/

Hope they catch the little bastards responsible, but from Billy's end of it it doesn't matter much since he isn't there anyway, one way or another.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Billy the Kid's tombstone vandalized in New Mexico cemetery Empty Re: Billy the Kid's tombstone vandalized in New Mexico cemetery

Post by Shale Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:11 pm

Nice bio on the Kid. I knew a lot of the common info on him was wrong but didn't know all those details of his life.

Wonder why the brother ratted him out to Garrett? Was it racism on his part that a gringo was in love with his sister?

Suzi
    Suzi
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 85

Billy the Kid's tombstone vandalized in New Mexico cemetery Empty Re: Billy the Kid's tombstone vandalized in New Mexico cemetery

Post by Suzi Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:41 pm

Many years ago when we lived in New Mexico the first time we lived just outside Silver City, and I did quite a bit of research on Billy. It is nice to see a fairly accurate bio for a change. I agree in all my research I could only find 3 possibly 4 killings and they were for the most part legitimate in the Lincoln County war. Remembering the two jailors he killed when he was supposed to have been pardoned and that Ollinger tormented him. I never read that he had a girlfriend though but it was well known he was good friends with the owner of Maxwell's ranch. The so called picture that we have all sen of the moronic looking young man, may not actually be of Billy. There is no real reason to think that it is other than at some point someone said "Yup thats Billy the Kid ".

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 10:10 am