CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+4
Supernova
CatEyes10736
Forgiveness Man
Marc™
8 posters

Do you believe in Heaven and Hell?

Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Do you believe in Heaven and Hell? Empty Do you believe in Heaven and Hell?

Post by Marc™ Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:52 pm

Do you believe that the afterlife is anything like it's portrayed in fiction....Heaven being a place of eternal bliss, while Hell is this never-ending oppressive well of torture....
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Do you believe in Heaven and Hell? Empty Re: Do you believe in Heaven and Hell?

Post by Forgiveness Man Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:54 pm

Yeah. lol The idea that hell doesn't exist is just something people convince themselves to make sinning easier. lol Heaven cannot be possible without hell.

Last edited by Forgiveness_Man on Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
    CatEyes10736
    CatEyes10736
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 126

Post by CatEyes10736 Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:57 pm

I believe in heaven, but I don't know if I believe in hell.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:05 pm

Kind of odd to have one without the other though, wouldn't it? I mean that's like saying there's good but no evil, you only have to take a good look at the world around you to know that evil is real.

To answer the original question, yes I believe they exist.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:06 pm

Supernova wrote:Kind of odd to have one without the other though, wouldn't it? I mean that's like saying there's good but no evil, you only have to take a good look at the world around you to know that evil is real.

To answer the original question, yes I believe they exist.
    Says who?
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:24 pm

Nystyle709 wrote:Says who?
    Nobody you're aquatinted with. Wink
    captainbryce
    captainbryce
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 127

Post by captainbryce Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:41 pm

Marc wrote:Do you believe that the afterlife is anything like it's portrayed in fiction....Heaven being a place of eternal bliss, while Hell is this never-ending oppressive well of torture....
    I believe that heaven exists and that it's a "spiritual" realm, not a physical one. So I don't think it's anything like how its portrayed in fiction usually. But I don't believe that hell exists (as you describe it).
    captainbryce
    captainbryce
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male

Post by captainbryce Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:43 pm

Forgiveness_Man wrote:Yeah. lol The idea that hell doesn't exist is just something people convince themselves to make sinning easier. lol Heaven cannot be possible without hell.
    Are you a Christian?
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:15 am

captainbryce wrote:Are you a Christian?
    Yeah, is that a problem? Razz
    captainbryce
    captainbryce
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male

Post by captainbryce Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:43 am

Forgiveness_Man wrote:Yeah, is that a problem? Razz
    No, it's just that your statement...
    Yeah. lol The idea that hell doesn't exist is just something people convince themselves to make sinning easier. lol Heaven cannot be possible without hell.
    ...didn't seem to be based on anything "biblical". Seemed more like your personal opinion than anything else (which is fine of course). Why can't heaven be possible without hell?
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female

Post by Nystyle709 Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:13 pm

Forgiveness_Man wrote:Nobody you're aquatinted with. Do you believe in Heaven and Hell? Icon_wink
    LOL, like you would know who I'm acquainted with.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:29 am

I believe in the concepts of Heaven being a sanctuary of soulful rest, and Hell as a place for soulful angst, but I don't buy into how heavenly harps and fiery brimstone like we see on TV and in the movies.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:39 am

@NY: But I DO know at least some that you aren't acquainted with. Wink

captainbryce wrote:No, it's just that your statement...
    ...didn't seem to be based on anything "biblical". Seemed more like your personal opinion than anything else (which is fine of course). Why can't heaven be possible without hell?

1. I ain't a Bible-alone verse quoting Evangelical. Razz

2. Hell is very Biblical anyway.

3. Why can't hell be possible without heaven? Simple. Heaven is the total presence of God, hence everything good. Hell is the total absence of God, hence the absence of everything good as well(and what's left but total evil/pain/etc.?). Being an all-just God, it's pretty darn naive to expect him to just bring everybody into his presence regardless of how they lived their life, hence there's gotta be another place; we call it hell. IMO, it all comes down to common sense for me. The idea that hell doesn't exist seems to be just a naive excuse to live a sinful life unrepentant to me. Afterall, why repent when you'll either stop existing when you die or God will take you to heaven no matter what? And without repentance, you got no reason to stop living a sinful life. IMO, saying that there is no hell is just wishful thinking at it's strongest.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female

Post by Nystyle709 Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:26 pm

Forgiveness_Man wrote:@NY: But I DO know at least some that you aren't acquainted with. Do you believe in Heaven and Hell? Icon_wink

Squares? Yeah, you're right....I don't acquaint myself with too many of those.
    fetaby
    fetaby
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Male
    Rep : 2

Post by fetaby Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:32 pm

I don't believe in heaven and I don't believe in hell. Too many other real things to concern myself with besides bullshit and moral grandstanding.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:37 pm

Nystyle709 wrote:Squares? Yeah, you're right....I don't acquaint myself with too many of those.
    Nah, I had something else in mind.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:49 pm

Generally, I still believe in the theories of heaven and hell....but I admit, the older I get, the more doubtful I become. At least of the way that they've been presented biblicaly.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 6:10 pm