CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

5 posters

Chick-fil-A draws support from neo-Nazis and a prominent black conservative group, and Mike Huckabee’s got the company’s back, too

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

News Chick-fil-A draws support from neo-Nazis and a prominent black conservative group, and Mike Huckabee’s got the company’s back, too

Post by Chris Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:53 am

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/chick-fil-a-draws-support-neo-nazis-a-prominent-black-conservative-group-mike-huckabee-company-back-article-1.1126921

Chick-fil-A draws support from neo-Nazis and a prominent black conservative group, and Mike Huckabee’s got the company’s back, too
    Huckabee, the former Arkansas gov., called for a 'Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day,' and long lines were reported at many stores across the country

By Joseph Straw / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
    Wednesday, August 1, 2012, 6:11 PM

Chick-fil-A draws support from neo-Nazis and a prominent black conservative group, and Mike Huckabee’s got the company’s back, too Chicken2n-2-web
    Chick-fil-A President Dan Cathy has ignited a firestorm with recent comments backing the Biblical definition of marriage.

WASHINGTON - American neo-Nazis and some top black conservatives have found rare common ground — over Chick-fil-A’s stand against gay marriage.

The two sides rallied around “Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day,” during which patrons — and protesters — swarmed restaurants Wednesday in response to the company’s support for “the Biblical definition of the family unit.”

Chick-fil-A president Dan Cathy’s recent comments have sparked a new front in the culture war over gay marriage, and led Democratic mayors Rahm Emanuel of Chicago and Tom Menino of Boston to declare that the company is not welcome in their cities.

In response, ex-Arkansas Governor and 2008 GOP presidential candidate Mike Huckabee, now a Fox News host, called on viewers to eat at one of the fast-food joints Wednesday to show support.

One member of the skinhead Internet forum Crew38 was already there, according to the SITE Monitoring service, which tracks extremists online.

“I had Chick-fil-A today for lunch and it was delicious and non-gay ... just how I like it,” one member wrote.

Members of the Project 21 black leadership network, a branch of the conservative National Center for Public Policy Research, also backed Huckabee’s call to dine at Chick-fil-A.

“Being against gay marriage is not being anti-gay,” said Project 21 member Demetrius Minor. “The last time I checked, Chick-fil-A wasn't expressing a desire for gays not to eat at their restaurants or seek employment with them.”

Both groups rapped the progressive left as hypocritical, alleging it espouses tolerance while not tolerating conflicting views.

There’s just one Chick-fil-A in New York City — on the campus of New York University.

Mayor Bloomberg, while not an opponent of gay marriage, has sided with civil libertarians, who argued that businesses have a First Amendment right to operate where they choose regardless of management’s opinions on social issues.

More than 630,000 visitors pledged online to participate in Huckabee’s event, while his Facebook page included photos of lines snaking out of restaurants around the country.

The privately held company would not, however, share sales figures for the day, Chick-fil-A spokeswoman Hannah Wagner told the Daily News.

The company issued a statement Tuesday asserting its Bible-derived values but adding: "Going forward, our intent is to leave the policy debate over same-sex marriage to the government and political arena.”
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

News Re: Chick-fil-A draws support from neo-Nazis and a prominent black conservative group, and Mike Huckabee’s got the company’s back, too

Post by Forgiveness Man Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:11 am

While I am sure a small minority of extremist hate groups will support CFA, the vast majority of CFA supporters don't hate anybody. If you're going to judge everyone who supports CFA by the actions of a fringe minority, I say it's fair game for us to judge all CFA opposers by those who vandalize private property, spam walls with hateful comments against the business, want the business shut down for disagreeing with them, or wish disease on people who eat at CFA (backtracking when you realizing what a stupid comment you made doesn't erase what you said).

If we're going to make this a "your fringe minority is worse than ours" game, that's really not gonna solve anything.

At the end of the day, it's a frickin chicken sandwich. If you hate CFA, don't eat there. I don't hate anybody, so I will eat there if I'm in the mood. I don't really care what prejudiced conclusions idiots wanna come to because of that. Let them live in their lala land. Won't let them ruin my lunch.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

News Re: Chick-fil-A draws support from neo-Nazis and a prominent black conservative group, and Mike Huckabee’s got the company’s back, too

Post by Nystyle709 Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:09 pm

LOL! See what that mayor started? Never thought you'd see the day when Nazis and black folks get along!

*that was sarcasm for you slow folks*
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:17 pm

Nystyle709 wrote:LOL! See what that mayor started? Never thought you'd see the day when Nazis and black folks get along!

*that was sarcasm for you slow folks*

Sarcasm aside, I agree with what you said. The pro-gay side of this Chick-fil-A feud are making people side with with CFA. Their self-righteousness is diverting attention away from CFA's anti-gay stance and making them seem like martyrs who're being criticized for exercising free speech.
    captainbryce
    captainbryce
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 127

Post by captainbryce Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:45 pm

Forgiveness Man wrote:While I am sure a small minority of extremist hate groups will support CFA, the vast majority of CFA supporters don't hate anybody.
    Everyone who supports CFA (because of CFA's stance on gay marriage) does in fact HATE gays, homosexuality and the idea of gay marriage.

Forgiveness Man wrote:If you're going to judge everyone who supports CFA by the actions of a fringe minority, I say it's fair game for us to judge all CFA opposers by those who vandalize private property, spam walls with hateful comments against the business, want the business shut down for disagreeing with them, or wish disease on people who eat at CFA (backtracking when you realizing what a stupid comment you made doesn't erase what you said).
    That true. Fortunately nobody is actually judging everyone by the actions of the fringe minority. We're judging them by their own actions. When YOU support it specifically to endorse their position on gay rights, then people have the right to judge YOU for that. Whether the neo nazi's support CFA or not becomes largely irrelevant (though indeed quite telling).

Forgiveness Man wrote:At the end of the day, it's a frickin chicken sandwich. If you hate CFA, don't eat there. I don't hate anybody, so I will eat there if I'm in the mood. I don't really care what prejudiced conclusions idiots wanna come to because of that. Let them live in their lala land. Won't let them ruin my lunch.
    But none of that is really the issue at hand. Nobody cares what kind of food you like or where you like to get it from. The issue has to do with people who publicly endorse their support of CFA based on CFA's official stance against gay marriage. That's the issue! There's no prejudice involved except for that demonstrated by anyone who supports CFA on that basis. I know that's a little difficult for you to accept, but that is the reality of the situation. Nobody is picking on you because you enjoy CFA sandwiches. If anybody is picking on you, it's because you choose to express a stance against gay marriage, and anyone who does that deserves to be picked on.
    captainbryce
    captainbryce
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 127

Post by captainbryce Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:50 pm

Marc™ wrote:Sarcasm aside, I agree with what you said. The pro-gay side of this Chick-fil-A feud are making people side with with CFA. Their self-righteousness is diverting attention away from CFA's anti-gay stance and making them seem like martyrs who're being criticized for exercising free speech.
    I think that's a bit of a generalization. I for one am on the "pro-gay" side but I'm not doing anything to divert from CFA's anti-gay stance. I also don't believe that your generalization is particularly accurate. CFA seems to be getting just as much negative press as supporters. I think the feud is good because it exposes people for who they really are and sheds light on this issue. It's got people talking and that is always good! The people who are bringing up "free speech" as if that is relevant to this issue are the ones who are diverting attention away from the issue. This isn't a free speech issue but CFA supporters are pretending that it is to draw sympathy for their bigotry. They are hoping to create martyrdom where it doesn't exist.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 2:14 am