CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+6
tmontyb
Forgiveness Man
Marc™
Shale
Alan Smithee
Chris
10 posters

Are you a fan of any 'conservative' group?

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Are you a fan of any 'conservative' group? Empty Are you a fan of any 'conservative' group?

Post by Chris Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:16 pm

Is there any more traditional, or 'conservative,' group that you respect? If so, what and why?
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Are you a fan of any 'conservative' group? Empty Re: Are you a fan of any 'conservative' group?

Post by Alan Smithee Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:20 pm

blank stare @ you
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Are you a fan of any 'conservative' group? Empty Re: Are you a fan of any 'conservative' group?

Post by Shale Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:35 pm

IDK about conservative but I currently belong to traditional groups like the Southern Poverty Law Center, NAACP, ACLU, AARP, The Naturist Society & Veterans for Peace.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:01 pm

Not really....but I don't have as much disdain for them in general as some people do. I'm apathetic to "conservative" groups for the most part.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:18 pm

Gosh, I feel so welcome. lol Maybe it'd be a bit more fair to ask if we respect any groups whose ideology we mostly disagree with? Razz

But yes, being a conservative, I respect several conservative groups. Wink
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:23 pm

Shale wrote:IDK about conservative but I currently belong to traditional groups like the Southern Poverty Law Center, NAACP, ACLU, AARP, The Naturist Society & Veterans for Peace.

Those fascists?!
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:59 pm

I didn't mention that there was a time long, long ago when I was Scoutmaster of a BSA troop and I was once a member of the National Rifle Association.
    tmontyb
    tmontyb
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Male
    Rep : 37

Post by tmontyb Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:54 pm

Absolutely not!! Fact of the matter is, there may be some Conservative groups that are okay, but unfortunately the ones the run rampant with ridiculousness give them all a bad name.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:50 pm

tmontyb wrote:Absolutely not!! Fact of the matter is, there may be some Conservative groups that are okay, but unfortunately the ones the run rampant with ridiculousness give them all a bad name.

co-signs
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:08 am

Whatchu talkin' bout?
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:18 am

I think many groups go to extremes just due to the competition for attention. If you are extreme, then you get the publicity. Reminds me of an epi of boston legal where a group was protesting congressional redistricting which caused biased towards a certain party. When they held a normal protest, no one listened, but when the women all picketed while topless, they made headlines. Same is true for many many groups
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:16 am

wants2laugh wrote:I think many groups go to extremes just due to the competition for attention. If you are extreme, then you get the publicity. Reminds me of an epi of boston legal where a group was protesting congressional redistricting which caused biased towards a certain party. When they held a normal protest, no one listened, but when the women all picketed while topless, they made headlines. Same is true for many many groups
    I think I remember that. Didn't Alan Shore try to justify that? Forget if he won that one or not. lol
    Suzi
    Suzi
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 85

Post by Suzi Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:58 am

tmontyb wrote:Absolutely not!! Fact of the matter is, there may be some Conservative groups that are okay, but unfortunately the ones the run rampant with ridiculousness give them all a bad name.
    co-signs
    In fact I would throw in the word MALICIOUS.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:53 am