CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+2
Nystyle709
Marc™
6 posters

Should Polygamists Be Arrested?

Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Should Polygamists Be Arrested? Empty Should Polygamists Be Arrested?

Post by Marc™ Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:30 am

How severe do you think the crime of polygamy is? If a man has multiple wives...they all know about each other and all agreed to the situation...do you think the law should still lock this guy up?
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Should Polygamists Be Arrested? Empty Re: Should Polygamists Be Arrested?

Post by Nystyle709 Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:33 am

I guess. The law is the law.
    Suzi
    Suzi
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 85

Post by Suzi Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:06 pm

I am against polygamy for a couple of reasons. Polygamy as practiced by Warren Jeff's group is causing a lot of deformed babies, their cemeteries are overwhelming full of tiny graves. They keep the gene pool very small. Then the men will also take very young girls as wives, that is why Jeff's is in prison right now. I enjoy watching the TV show Sister Wives, however they are the exception to the realities of polygamy.

Once when the women in my family were in Salt Lake City doing family history research my cousin had her retarded son with her, he is mentally about the age of 3, and we all love him dearly as he is such a sweet heart. Anyway at one point we sort of apologized because he was running around the library there making new friends all over. The woman we spoke to said "Oh we have a lot like him , I guess polygamy wasn't such a great idea after all", because after a while in spite of their genealogical work people with the same problem DNA marry and it shows up in the children.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:10 pm

Suzi wrote:I am against polygamy for a couple of reasons. Polygamy as practiced by Warren Jeff's group is causing a lot of deformed babies, their cemeteries are overwhelming full of tiny graves. They keep the gene pool very small. Then the men will also take very young girls as wives, that is why Jeff's is in prison right now. I enjoy watching the TV show Sister Wives, however they are the exception to the realities of polygamy.

Once when the women in my family were in Salt Lake City doing family history research my cousin had her retarded son with her, he is mentally about the age of 3, and we all love him dearly as he is such a sweet heart. Anyway at one point we sort of apologized because he was running around the library there making new friends all over. The woman we spoke to said "Oh we have a lot like him , I guess polygamy wasn't such a great idea after all", because after a while in spite of their genealogical work people with the same problem DNA marry and it shows up in the children.

^ People always need to think about if they have kids, what effect is going to be had on them. And the genetics screw up aside, HOW the hell do you explain that your daddy has about 5 wives but there's only 1 mother per so many kids so instead of brothers and sisters they're their cousins or whatever?
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:23 pm

I am against it.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:50 pm

Multiple wives? Isn't he being punished enough?

Wink

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 2:31 pm