CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+6
Suzi
CeCe
Nystyle709
Forgiveness Man
Shale
Alan Smithee
10 posters

Romney picks Paul Ryan as vice presidential running mate

Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Romney picks Paul Ryan as vice presidential running mate Empty Romney picks Paul Ryan as vice presidential running mate

Post by Alan Smithee Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:22 am

Shrugs (Oh well…) I wasn't going to vote for him anyway.

Mitt Romney's campaign has announced that the presumptive GOP nominee has chosen House Budget Committee Chairman Paul Ryan as his vice-presidential running mate. The two candidates will appear together at a campaign event in Norfolk, VA Saturday morning.

The official announcement will be in front of the U.S.S. Wisconsin -- which just happens to be Ryan's home state.

After three sources close to the Romney campaign indicated to NBC News late Friday night that Ryan would be the pick, the Romney camp issued a press release just after 7:00 am ET, stating: “Mitt Romney & Paul Ryan: America’s Comeback Team.” Around the same time, the campaign’s “VP app” also announced that Ryan would be the choice.

The Romney campaign billed the ticket "America's comeback team" in the release announcing the decision, saying that Ryan "has worked tirelessly leading the effort to reign in federal spending and increase accountability to taxpayers."

With recent national polls showing Romney trailing President Barack Obama, Ryan is a bold pick. He will excite economic conservatives, and is considered one of his party's rising stars.

But his budget plan -- which would substantially transform Medicare and Medicaid -- is a lightning rod. In fact, Democrats argue that Ryan's selection marks an opportunity to highlight Ryan's desired changes to Medicare, which include giving future seniors a voucher or premium support to help pay for their health insurance. Under Ryan's plan, future seniors would have the choice of using the voucher/premium support to purchase private insurance or through Medicare's traditional fee-for-service model.

"We've spent 18 months trying to make House races about their plan for Medicare and Mitt Romney just did it for us overnight," said one Democratic operative.

Ryan had been the focus of intense VP speculation for the last few days. Washington economic conservatives -- including the Wall Street Journal editorial page and the Weekly Standard -- have pushed for his selection.

In addition, Romney told NBC's Chuck Todd on Thursday he was looking for someone with "a vision for the country," who "adds something to the political discourse about the direction of the country” -- a sign that he might make a bold pick in Ryan.

At 11:11 pm ET, the Romney campaign announced that it would be making its VP selection on Saturday. And as First Read reported earlier this week, the VP finalists were Ryan, former Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty, and Ohio Sen. Rob Portman.

http://firstread.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/08/10/13226315-romney-picks-paul-ryan-as-vice-presidential-running-mate?lite
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Romney picks Paul Ryan as vice presidential running mate Empty Re: Romney picks Paul Ryan as vice presidential running mate

Post by Shale Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:10 am

Apparently not going to be endorsed by AARP. blank stare @ you
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Romney picks Paul Ryan as vice presidential running mate Empty Re: Romney picks Paul Ryan as vice presidential running mate

Post by Forgiveness Man Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:01 am

FM is happy! Smile

And honestly, there isn't anybody that Romney could've picked that would have pleased everybody, and for that matter, pleased Democrats. No matter who Romney picked, the Crats would spin it into "this is the easiest guy for us to beat" to mask their lack of a record. Honestly, I think Romney was smart to go for the bold, dynamic choice. Romney/Ryan 2012! big grin

I'll bet Joe Biden is downing a lot of Imodium right about now. lol

Last edited by Forgiveness Man on Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:51 am; edited 1 time in total
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:40 am

Let's Put this into Perspective
    Romney picks Paul Ryan as vice presidential running mate 189506_3838206466988_1358977696_n

Batty Man & Robber

Romney picks Paul Ryan as vice presidential running mate 417267_10151075780582346_1543887336_n
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:06 pm

He could've picked Ziggy Marley and I still wouldn't vote for him. LOL. And this dude? Give the poor and the elderly even more reason to hate Romney? I'm with it.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:34 pm

uh....yeah ROFLMAO!

CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Post by CeCe Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:38 pm

Shale wrote:Apparently not going to be endorsed by AARP. blank stare @ you

Nystyle709 wrote:He could've picked Ziggy Marley and I still wouldn't vote for him. LOL. And this dude? Give the poor and the elderly even more reason to hate Romney? I'm with it.

co-signs Anyone who is elderly, disabled or a member of the poor or the average working class would be insane to vote for these idiots.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:02 pm

Shale wrote:Let's Put this into Perspective
    Romney picks Paul Ryan as vice presidential running mate 189506_3838206466988_1358977696_n

Batty Man & Robber

Romney picks Paul Ryan as vice presidential running mate 417267_10151075780582346_1543887336_n

LMAO! bear hug
    Suzi
    Suzi
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 85

Post by Suzi Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:16 am

One would hope that should Romney be elected that he would go back to being the more liberal republican he was before he started pandering to the extreme right, his choice of a tea partier seems to indicate that he will say and do anything to get himself elected. Does anyone really want that total ambition in the whitehouse? He has no integrity at all, and apparently no common sense, two traits you really need your president to have. Unfortunately we have a prime minister exactly like him!
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:28 pm

LOL!!
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:32 pm

I've heard some people say that this choice was made to woo female voters who might find Ryan attractive.

Romney picks Paul Ryan as vice presidential running mate 677613
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Post by CeCe Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:46 pm

Chris wrote:I've heard some people say that this choice was made to woo female voters who might find Ryan attractive.

LMAO!
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:24 pm

Chris wrote:I've heard some people say that this choice was made to woo female voters who might find Ryan attractive.

Compared to what?
    Nhaiyel
    Nhaiyel
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 123

Post by Nhaiyel Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:03 pm

No doubt Barack and his team were grinning from ear to ear the day that mess was announced. Why Romney would pick someone who has a history of messing with seniors medicare is just astounding to me. Seniors! Arguably the most substantial voting demographic for Republicans.

Oh well, I say thank you Mitt. He just made this a whole lot easier.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:54 am

Well... my problem with Medicare/Medicaid... (and i have many) but the programs DO need reform. I work with many foreigners who come here, become citizens, then bring their elderly parents here. After a few years, they become citizens too... and without EVER having worked in the US, they get Medicare/Medicaid for FREE!!! THAT is disgusting... hard working americans have to pay big money for the medicare coverage, which still has high copays & deductibles, and yet foreigners can come in and suck the system dry without having ever paid into it. Wrong just wrong.... system needs revamping... just as every other system we have.

I'm not saying this guy is the right choice... but no one who promotes any kind of reform will ever get true support....

I'm just glad that he is not running a homosexual conversion center, or watching for putin to rear his ugly head from the front porch of his house. But let's wait an see what kind of craziness occurs now LOL
    Suzi
    Suzi
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 85

Post by Suzi Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:15 pm

After listening to Romney take a shot at the teachers unions I figure people lucky enough to have a union backing them aren't going to be voting republican along with all the other groups who won't be voting for the Romney/Ryan ticket.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 2:32 pm