CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+3
RedBedroom
Alan Smithee
Supernova
7 posters

Talking to boys about periods

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Talking to boys about periods Empty Talking to boys about periods

Post by Supernova Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:04 pm

Have you ever had to talk to a young boy and explain to him about menstruation? If so, how well did that one go over?

I had to have a little talk with my neighbor kid last spring when he was being a smartass and said girls get into that 'don't care about anything' mood when they're on their periods. I also had to set him straight about the matter of the blood, and from there we also jumped into a discussion about STDs and how contrary to what he's learned from where the hell ever, it's not just girls who get it or girls who sleep around with a lot of guys. When I told my mom about it she couldn't believe it and said she was glad it was me that did it because she wouldn't have known what to do with that one.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Talking to boys about periods Empty Re: Talking to boys about periods

Post by Alan Smithee Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:05 pm

One day, Little Susie got her monthly bleeding for the first time in her life.

Not quite certain what was happening, and somewhat frightened, she decided to tell Little Johnny. Little Susie dropped her panties and showed Little Johnny what was happening.

Little Johnny's eyes opened wide in amazement. "You know," he said, "I'm not a doctor, but it looks like someone just ripped your balls off!"
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:58 pm

I have never had an in-depth discussion with my son about the medical aspects of menstruating. I did tell him to never make fun of a girl about it because girls are very shy about it. I was shocked to hear him tell me that girls in his school are generally pretty open about it and talk about it openly in front of the boys. Gosh, I was truly stunned. We were not that way at all growing up.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:09 pm

RedBedroom wrote:I have never had an in-depth discussion with my son about the medical aspects of menstruating. I did tell him to never make fun of a girl about it because girls are very shy about it. I was shocked to hear him tell me that girls in his school are generally pretty open about it and talk about it openly in front of the boys. Gosh, I was truly stunned. We were not that way at all growing up.

Neither were we but then again neither was my mother, and that's why to this day all 'female' discussions wait until the men are out of the room. Personally, I believe in being a bit more open with kids so they're informed, besides with all the crap they see and hear they need SOME facts.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:28 pm

I should have added that I did inform my son of some false information including girls can't get pregnant during their period. Not sure if they still repeat that fake fact or not these days.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:31 pm

RedBedroom wrote:I should have added that I did inform my son of some false information including girls can't get pregnant during their period. Not sure if they still repeat that fake fact or not these days.

You would hope not but for crying out loud you can find out everything about sex and what's true and what's false online, you'd think more kids would use that to their advantage.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:11 pm

Nope thank God!!
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:26 pm

No.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:10 am

i remember when i was in school a 13yr boy asked me how a girl knew she got her period. My friend looked at him and said, "a little ticket comes out and says you have it. then another one tells you that it is over".

In my family, my mother insisted that we said, "we got sick". This really bothered me, because i never felt that it was something to be ashamed of. When my sister's kids were young, she always walked around the house saying "im soooo crampy, i just got my period" or "im ovulating and im in pain". One day, her 5th grader son came home and picked up an egg out of the refrigerator and said, "Mom, no wooonnnnnddddeeerr you are in pain all of the time" and he was waving the egg... "you have an egg floating around inside of you" LOL
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:11 am

wants2laugh wrote:i remember when i was in school a 13yr boy asked me how a girl knew she got her period. My friend looked at him and said, "a little ticket comes out and says you have it. then another one tells you that it is over".

In my family, my mother insisted that we said, "we got sick". This really bothered me, because i never felt that it was something to be ashamed of. When my sister's kids were young, she always walked around the house saying "im soooo crampy, i just got my period" or "im ovulating and im in pain". One day, her 5th grader son came home and picked up an egg out of the refrigerator and said, "Mom, no wooonnnnnddddeeerr you are in pain all of the time" and he was waving the egg... "you have an egg floating around inside of you" LOL

LMAO! Now that's hilarious!
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:15 am

I've never had to, thankfully. When the times comes and my son gets to be that age where he asks questions, I don't think it'll be all that necessary for me to go into greater detail. No one did it for me. I just kind of wised up to what it all meant as I got older.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 11:57 am