CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+3
Alan Smithee
Nystyle709
Supernova
7 posters

'F-bomb makes it into the dictionary'

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

'F-bomb makes it into the dictionary' Empty 'F-bomb makes it into the dictionary'

Post by Supernova Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:21 pm

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/48652479/ns/today-books/#.UCl1R51mTsY

Granted I haven't had to buy a new dictionary for a few years but with this addition, aren't they leaving a few other choice words out or have those already been added?
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

'F-bomb makes it into the dictionary' Empty Re: 'F-bomb makes it into the dictionary'

Post by Nystyle709 Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:22 pm

'F-bomb makes it into the dictionary' 2517814472

I'd rather say fuck.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

'F-bomb makes it into the dictionary' Empty Re: 'F-bomb makes it into the dictionary'

Post by Alan Smithee Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:42 pm

Shrugs (Oh well…) I's rather fuck.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:46 pm

LOL, this reminds me of a so-so movie, My Fellow Americans with James Garner and Jack Lemon as two feuding ex-Presidents. Lauren Bacall plays Lemon's wife and she says this line to her husband, "Don't say "freaking", Russ. If you have to use the "F" word, go for the gold."
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:54 pm

Alan Smithee wrote:LOL, this reminds me of a so-so movie, My Fellow Americans with James Garner and Jack Lemon as two feuding ex-Presidents. Lauren Bacall plays Lemon's wife and she says this line to her husband, "Don't say "freaking", Russ. If you have to use the "F" word, go for the gold."

We love that movie. And it's funny because my mother is kind of the same way, she says if you're going to say fricking you might as well say the real word, but she never wants to hear the real one either.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:22 pm

I've never understood buzz words being added. I think in recent years words such as "bootie" have been added.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:59 am

RedBedroom wrote:I've never understood buzz words being added. I think in recent years words such as "bootie" have been added.

Lot more than that, Red, and that's why I'll stick with my copy from 1996, all the relevant words are still in there.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:33 am

honestly.. i dont have a problem with any word being in the dictionary. I think that slang/profanity only has the power you give it. if people get over it, and are not offended by it, then its no longer offensive
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:20 am

wants2laugh wrote:honestly.. i dont have a problem with any word being in the dictionary. I think that slang/profanity only has the power you give it. if people get over it, and are not offended by it, then its no longer offensive
    co-signs

I loathe fucking codewords or what I call words that dare not speak their name. It is a silly game of prudes to use letters to euphemise words rather than go ahead and write out the fucking offensive word, clearly saying what you mean.

BTW, is F-word for Fuck or Faggot? If N-word is a euphemism for Nigger, then F-word might be for Faggot. So there is confusion when a person or newpaper editor is too fucking timid to write what the fuck he means to say.

Is there a word for 'F Blanket Bombing? blank stare @ you
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:07 am

‘F-bomb’? Why not just list the actual word.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 10:38 am