CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

"The Tommy Westphall Universe" Hypothesis

Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

"The Tommy Westphall Universe" Hypothesis Empty "The Tommy Westphall Universe" Hypothesis

Post by Forgiveness Man Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:06 am

I was looking up some old shows and stumbled across this theory that I never really considered. The infamous last scene of St. Elsewhere is probably known by most TV watchers even if they never saw an episode of the show. But due to the fact that St. Elsewhere crossed over with a few other series, which in turn had connections to others series, some theorize that all of them could be considered also part of "Tommy Westphall's Imagination." The series I've seen included in the lists are freakishly varied from I Love Lucy to Party of Five to Lost. Frankly, it seems a good half of most famous television series are spun in one way or another into this universe. (Some, arguably, with much stronger connections than others. A character crossing over is a lot more evidentiary than a fictional product crossover) So some theorize that all of these television shows exist in the same fictional universe, and if the St. Elsewhere factor is to be believed, they also are all in Tommy Westphall's head.

Of course, there are counter-hypotheses that think that this is all a big pile of rubbish. And I can't disagree with that. lol It does seem to be quite an over analysis of TV. Still, I think it's, at the very least, interesting to see how so many fictional connections can be made through so many shows.

Anyway, I thought this would be an interesting discussion that's not a heated debate. Razz Any thoughts on this? (Or on television crossovers/wall breakings/fictional product placements in general)

Current date/time is Thu May 30, 2024 8:14 pm