CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

5 posters

Animal Abuse

Hyacinth Girl
    Hyacinth Girl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 70

Outrage Animal Abuse

Post by Hyacinth Girl Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:18 pm

Hi all!

Just passing on a sad story that is in the process of having a good ending: A recent case of animal abuse down in Kentucky made the news. A man tortured a 3 month old kitten by throwing him against a brick wall then beating him with a golf club, but the man has been arrested and a trial date set. The kitten, now named Lucky, has a new home, and has just undergone surgery to place metal plates in his front legs that were severely broken. Lucky has been a trooper through his ordeal, and is a fighter, and now has his own Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/LuckyTheBrokenKitten

The page is morphing into a "Stop Animal Abuse" site, where you can also follow Lucky's story and get updates on his current status. So spread the word, "like" Lucky on Facebook, and let's see how many Facebook friends, Lucky can get!

I donated to help offset the cost of his vet bills, and legal fees that Lucky's family has, to bring justice to the jerk that tried to kill Lucky. Animal abuse is just disgusting, and hope all people guilty of this cruelty, are punished in the very same way as what they did to the animals they hurt. Assholes.

So three cheers for Lucky, and all who have helped him thus far!

Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Outrage Re: Animal Abuse

Post by Tony Marino Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:23 pm

Why not swing a golf club to that guys Knees and see how he likes it?
    Minerva
    Minerva
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Female
    Rep : 18

Post by Minerva Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:06 pm

There was a situation in Portland where a sealed bucket of five kittens was found along a highway. Four were dead but one survived with hardly a scratch. How the one survived is a mystery but also a miracle.

The way I feel about these things is that the person who tortures an animal should receive the same as punishment. Period. End of story. No fines, no jail time. Just get what they gave.
    Suzi
    Suzi
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 85

Post by Suzi Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:46 pm

My son once found 2 kittens in a refrigerator at the dump, one was in the freezer section and dead, he brought the other one home, but we couldn't keep it because we'd never heard our old lady cat hiss until then. So a good home was found for the kitten. My kids were always bringing home abused animal. I once told them to stop but my oldest daughter came home from school and said she found a box full of kittens in the woods and "Mom it is going to rain again tonight". So I told her to go get them. The other daughter brought one home "Mom the boys were using it as a football". I had kids working overtime trying to find homes for kittens, but better that than leave them in such awful situations.
    Hyacinth Girl
    Hyacinth Girl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by Hyacinth Girl Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:09 am

People can be total assholes, and you can tell a person's character by how they treat animals. The guy that abused Lucky has been caught and is awaiting trial on Sept 24 down in Kentucky, and many people on the Facebook page are going to the trial to stand in support of Lucky, and if he's well enough, Lucky will be crated and brought along too. They're even working on getting legislation in place so jerks like the one that beat Lucky, will be better prosecuted and won't just walk away with a slap on the wrist.

One summer years ago when I was in college and still living with my parents, a stray cat wandered into their yard, covered in motor oil and with rubber bands wound tightly around his neck. We managed to cut the bands off and clean him up, and surprisingly, he was very trusting of us after whatever he must have gone through. We named him "Slick" because of all the oil, and one of the girls I worked with at the time, ended up taking him home as a pet for herself and her kids. Slick ended up moving to Canada with them, and lived out the rest of his life in a loving home, so his was a good ending.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:56 pm

Death is too good a punishment for anyone who does this to animals and children.
    Hyacinth Girl
    Hyacinth Girl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by Hyacinth Girl Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:59 pm

Alan Smithee wrote:Death is too good a punishment for anyone who does this to animals and children.

But being locked in a jail cell with a bunch of P.E.T.A. members and cat lovers, is a good punishment!
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:07 pm

Hyacinth Girl wrote:

But being locked in a jail cell with a bunch of P.E.T.A. members and cat lovers, is a good punishment!

Mmmmm, maybe but I think rapists and murderers would still do a better job of "rehabilitating" them. Do members of P.E.T.A and cat lovers even get locked up thinking
    Hyacinth Girl
    Hyacinth Girl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by Hyacinth Girl Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:13 pm

Alan Smithee wrote:

Mmmmm, maybe but I think rapists and murderers would still do a better job of "rehabilitating" them. Do members of P.E.T.A and cat lovers even get locked up thinking

They'd probably volunteer for it and take shifts, if asked!
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:55 pm

Sometimes it has a happy ending

Animal Abuse Tumblr_m82nn3cTR41rxlmf0o1_250
    Animal Abuse Tumblr_m7nzamrdV21rxlmf0o1_400
    Animal Abuse Tumblr_m7nz90IKmr1rxlmf0o1_250