CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+4
captainbryce
Forgiveness Man
Suzi
Chris
8 posters

Has age made you more conservative or liberal?

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Has age made you more conservative or liberal? Empty Has age made you more conservative or liberal?

Post by Chris Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:32 pm

Have you noticed yourself becoming more or less conservative/liberal with age, or has your stance remained unchanged from a decade or more ago?
    Suzi
    Suzi
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 85

Has age made you more conservative or liberal? Empty Re: Has age made you more conservative or liberal?

Post by Suzi Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:41 pm

We were conservative when we were young, mainly because we were anti-communist at a time when the very idea of a communist was very scary. We were in fact told that Canada was on it's way to communism, but after we got here we discovered that it simply wasn't true and that UHC is a good thing. We have become more and more liberal over the years. While I am at it I gotta tell you today's right wingers would call Barry Goldwater liberal. He must be turning over in his grave to see what has happened to the conservative movement. Frankly today the tea party is stark raving nuts.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Has age made you more conservative or liberal? Empty Re: Has age made you more conservative or liberal?

Post by Forgiveness Man Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:58 pm

The older I get, the more conservative I get.
    captainbryce
    captainbryce
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 127

Post by captainbryce Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:20 pm

Neither. I've always been more liberal on certain issues and more conservative on others. Some issues I haven't budged on and others I've reversed as I've become more educated on them. The only social issue where I constantly flip-flop on is capital punishment.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:32 pm

A few ticks more liberal.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:57 pm

captainbryce wrote:Neither. I've always been more liberal on certain issues and more conservative on others. Some issues I haven't budged on and others I've reversed as I've become more educated on them. The only social issue where I constantly flip-flop on is capital punishment.

Same here. I have liberal friends who are aghast at some of my beliefs but mostly I am leftist. I have learned with age not to blindly follow any philosophy or leader.

I will vote for Obama but am critical of his beliefs that are not as liberal as I think they should be. (But he is corrupted by politics - all elected ppl are)
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:43 pm

Neither.
    captainbryce
    captainbryce
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 127

Post by captainbryce Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:57 pm

Shale wrote:I will vote for Obama but am critical of his beliefs that are not as liberal as I think they should be. (But he is corrupted by politics - all elected ppl are)
    Same here. Obama has capitulated to the far right more than any democratic president in recent history. I mean, he basically maintained everything that Bush put in place 8 years ago (to the detriment of the country). Granted, there wasn't really much he could do given our "do nothing congress" that has decided to roadblock anything he tried to do differently. But still, you expect more "liberal" decisions and actions from an alleged democrat. But given the option between he and Romney (who despite actually being a moderate will be forced to capitulate to the far right to appease his own party) I'll have to go with Obama again. The republican party is really starting to scare me on the social issues. When everyone at the Republican presidential debate started booing that gay soldier for asking Rick Santorum if he'd reinstate DADT, and then applauding when he emphatically said YES, I literally almost threw up! Mitt Romney has flip-flopped on that issue, which means I can't trust him.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:53 am

I'm still a "liberal" in the traditional sense and I will never vote a Republican....but I'll admit to becoming a bit more conservative about certain issues.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:44 pm