CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

5 posters

Have you ever dated a liberal or conservative?

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Have you ever dated a liberal or conservative? Empty Have you ever dated a liberal or conservative?

Post by Chris Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:38 am

If you're a liberal or conservative, have you ever been involved with someone who was the polar opposite? If so, did it ever cause any conflict in the relationship?
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Have you ever dated a liberal or conservative? Empty Re: Have you ever dated a liberal or conservative?

Post by CeCe Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:43 am

From personal experience, this is not the greatest idea. When it comes to politics & religion as well, things can get heated when you're total opposites. When you're anti-war & with the "turn it to glass" or "just go in & take it" type it can create more conflict than a relationship can handle. It could work if the differences are aren't that varied but the problem is our socio political beliefs pretty much define us. It might work in a more casual relationship but not sure it would work long term.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Have you ever dated a liberal or conservative? Empty Re: Have you ever dated a liberal or conservative?

Post by Tony Marino Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:35 pm

No and No.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:08 pm

CeCe wrote:From personal experience, this is not the greatest idea. When it comes to politics & religion as well, things can get heated when you're total opposites. When you're anti-war & with the "turn it to glass" or "just go in & take it" type it can create more conflict than a relationship can handle. It could work if the differences are aren't that varied but the problem is our socio political beliefs pretty much define us. It might work in a more casual relationship but not sure it would work long term.

Agreed!

I don't date, just hookup and during that time there doesn't have to be much talking. I could fuck Sarah Palin or Mitt Romney as long as they didn't say anything other than moans or screams.

But any long term relationship must be compatible.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:10 pm

Have I ever? I don't know. Political discussions were never part of my previous relationships. My wife is a moderate like me. James Carville and Mary Matalin have made it work for 20 years and they're from opposite ends of the political spectrum.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 6:09 am