CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+2
CeCe
Alan Smithee
6 posters

3 Dead In Old Bridge Supermarket Shooting

Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

3 Dead In Old Bridge Supermarket Shooting  Empty 3 Dead In Old Bridge Supermarket Shooting

Post by Alan Smithee Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:00 am

Turned on the local radio station this morning and was like WTF?! My wife used to work for Pathmark although not at that store and not overnight. She shops at this one though.

A gunman opened fire at the Pathmark supermarket in Old Bridge early this morning leaving 3 dead including the gunman.

WNBC TV reports the gunman is a 23 year old male and one victim is an 18 year old woman. The Star Ledger reports that according to Old Bridge Mayor Owen Henry, the gunman was a “disgruntled employee” who came into the store at 4:30AM, shot two people and then himself.

The gunman entered the store wearing body armor.

A window is broken at the front of the store.

WNBC TV reports a heavy police presence in the parking lot and across the street at a TGI Friday restaurant.

Police say that they responded to reports of an armed gunman at the Pathmark on Route 9 in Old Bridge early this morning.

Many details are yet to be released, but county tactical teams entered the building upon reports of shots fired.
    This is still an ongoing situation, so stay with us all morning for the latest developments with this story.

Because of the situation, NJ Transit has closed the Park and Ride adjacent to Pathmark. Route 9 bus service continues to operate. Customers may park at Jake Brown Road and Inverness Park/Ride. Rt. 9 Bus tickets/passes will be accepted on North Jersey Coast Line trains today according to NJ Transit.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

3 Dead In Old Bridge Supermarket Shooting  Empty Re: 3 Dead In Old Bridge Supermarket Shooting

Post by CeCe Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:26 am

People have lost their minds.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

3 Dead In Old Bridge Supermarket Shooting  Empty Re: 3 Dead In Old Bridge Supermarket Shooting

Post by RedBedroom Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:47 am

Sorry, Al for the tragedy so close to home.
    Suzi
    Suzi
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 85

Post by Suzi Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:18 am

Sigh, again?
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

3 Dead In Old Bridge Supermarket Shooting  Empty Update

Post by Alan Smithee Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:19 pm

AK-47 and body armor. Jesus F. Christ.

Ex-Marine Terence S. Tyler has been identified by Old Bridge Police as the gunman at an Old Bridge supermarket with Marine service records showing he was a rifleman.

Profile image on Terence Tyler's Facebook page. (Facebook)
    3 Dead In Old Bridge Supermarket Shooting  186720_1567166697_2786168_n

The 23 year old Tyler had worked at the Pathmark for about 2 weeks on the overnight shift with his two unidentified victims according to WABC TV.

Capt. Kendra Motz, spokeswoman for Marine Corps. says service records for Terence S. Tyler show that he served from March 24, 2008 to Feb. 27, 2010. Terence Tyler’s rank at the time of discharge was Lance Corporal.

Terence Tyler’s military occupational specialty was listed as a rifleman; he was in the infantry, Motz confirms.

Tyler’s honors include a Global War on Terrorism Service Medal and the National Defense Service Metal.

The military’s records show his home town was listed as in Brooklyn New York.

Middlesex County Prosecutor Bruce Kaplan says the 23-year-old man opened fire on employees he saw when he walked in, killing an unidentified 18 year old female and a 24 year old male. The unidentified gunman also fired 2 shots at the store’s windows, shattering them.

16 shots were fired and an AK-47, extra ammunition and a handgun were found at the scene. The motive is
    being investigated.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:53 pm

*sigh* Turns out my daughter new the older of the two victims from HS and Facebook. They were friendly but not "friends".
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:45 am

WTF is wrong with people.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:15 am

Tony, I really don't know but this guy was broadcasting warning signs for a couple of years. Literally broadcasting on Twitter. Yesterday my wife was picking up a few things in the other store she goes to. She came home and told me that an employee in the aisle she was in slammed a bunch of papers down and stated quite loudly, "I've had enough!" She said you could have heard a pin drop. Despite a manager quickly taking him in the back for a "chat" she made like a hockey player and got the puck out of there.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:53 pm

Alan Smithee wrote:Tony, I really don't know but this guy was broadcasting warning signs for a couple of years. Literally broadcasting on Twitter. Yesterday my wife was picking up a few things in the other store she goes to. She came home and told me that an employee in the aisle she was in slammed a bunch of papers down and stated quite loudly, "I've had enough!" She said you could have heard a pin drop. Despite a manager quickly taking him in the back for a "chat" she made like a hockey player and got the puck out of there.

The way the news has been overwhelmed with these incidents lately I don't blame her.
    Kral
    Kral
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 30

Post by Kral Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:16 am

Saw a story about that on the news the other day while I was visiting a relative. I think it was said that the guy had been in the military. Crazy!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 3:45 pm