CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+14
RedBedroom
AtownPeep
Kral
(Oh!) Rob Petrie
MandyPerfumeGirl
RobbieFTW
Wadsworth
SkwirtB
Impact
Forgiveness Man
CONVERSATION CHAMBER
Marc™
Tony Marino
Chris
18 posters

The 'Katy Perry' Discussion Thread

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

The 'Katy Perry' Discussion Thread Empty The 'Katy Perry' Discussion Thread

Post by Chris Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:47 pm

The 'Katy Perry' Discussion Thread Katy10

Katy Perry is featured on the cover of the latest issue of Rolling Stone magazine. The ‘California Gurls’ singer’s new album, ‘Teenage Dream’, hits stores on August 24th.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

The 'Katy Perry' Discussion Thread Empty Re: The 'Katy Perry' Discussion Thread

Post by Tony Marino Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:00 pm

I like her music but after seeing her as a Judge during the auditions on American Idol I don't care much for her.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male

Post by Chris Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:28 pm

She's gorgeous, but her personality is obnoxious, I agree. If my dirty mind didn't have thoughts about how useful her mouth could be in other ways, I'd be all for gluing it shut.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

The 'Katy Perry' Discussion Thread Empty Katy Perry's Album Sales Spark New Worries

Post by Marc™ Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:41 am

The 'Katy Perry' Discussion Thread 107532-Katy_Perry_617_409

By most measures, Katy Perry's new album, "Teenage Dream" (Capitol), has been a resounding success.

The album bows this week at No. 1 on the Billboard 200, thanks to first-week sales of 192,000 units in the United States, the ninth-best debut week so far this year, according to Nielsen SoundScan.

The album's first single, "California Gurls" (featuring Snoop Dogg), has scanned 3.6 million downloads, while all individual digital tracks from the album have sold a combined 5 million units, according to SoundScan. Put another way, sales of albums and track-equivalent albums (where 10 digital tracks equal an album) for "Teenage Dream" totaled 689,000, according to SoundScan.

"It's a thrilling accomplishment from our perspective," says EMI Music Services executive VP Dominic Pandiscia, who oversees the company's North American sales operations. "The magnitude of the marketing plan is about driving overall revenue around the project, including track downloads, ringtones and video sales. Album scans is one component of it."

Yet "Teenage Dream" fell short in one key area: It didn't meet first-week sales projections in the industry. And that, in turn, has sparked worries that the album's performance may affect retail orders for other superstar releases due later this year.

Executives at other major labels say they expected Perry's sophomore album to debut with sales of anywhere from 300,000 to 700,000 units, with most figuring the album would scan about 400,000.

"I'd like to meet one industry executive last week who thought her album would do under 200,000 units, because I don't think that person exists," a senior executive at a rival major says.

"It was a wake-up call for some folks," the head of sales at another competing major says. "Some think the sky is falling. Others said, 'Wait a minute, she's a singles artist.' And still others said EMI should have put out the album six weeks ago and it would have sold more."

According to sources, EMI shipped 1 million units of the album prior to its U.S. street date of Aug. 24, which indicates that big-box retail chains like Walmart, Target and Best Buy were expecting the album to post robust first-week sales, as was Starbucks, which featured the title in its stores.

It would also be roughly in line with typical industry practice of shipping about twice as much product as anticipated first-week sales for a major album release. But prerelease shipments of "Teenage Dream" turned out to be about seven times debut-week sales.

The album sold 89,000 units at mass merchants and 65,000 through nontraditional merchants, including 50,000 downloads. It also sold 35,000 units at chain retailers and 3,000 units at independent stores and regional chains.

Competing major-label executives say it wasn't EMI's fault that the album didn't meet sales expectations. "EMI did a tremendous job in setting up that record," one executive says.

Perry shot to pop stardom with her 2008 debut album, "One of the Boys" (Capitol), and a penchant for provocative lyrics and music videos.

Newbury Comics head of purchasing Carl Mello says he expects "Teenage Dream" will sell well through the end of the year and that it will be one of the holiday season's top titles. But he notes that the album's first-week sales "aren't as big as you would think for somebody who has become so omnipresent."

While anticipation for Taylor Swift's forthcoming album, "Speak Now" (Big Machine), had sparked debate over whether superstar artists will ever be capable of generating debut-week sales of 1 million units (Billboard, July 31), "Teenage Dream" has shifted the conversation to whether labels should even consider shipping 1 million units before street date.

"I don't know how you ship a million units now," a major-label head of sales says. "Even if I was asked to ship a million units, you just can't do it anymore."

Some label executives say expectations were too high because most female pop artists commonly sell a lot of track downloads but don't enjoy big debut-week album sales. "When I saw how Perry was doing, I was shocked," a senior sales executive at a competing major distribution company says. "But then I remembered that Fergie's 'The Dutchess' only did about 160,000 units in her first week in September [2006] and it took until December until the fans started buying her like an album artist."

EMI's marketing push for "Teenage Dream" and Perry's appealing stage persona will no doubt score her high-profile TV appearances this fall, which should help boost sales of the album. "Mark my words: I will bet you 'Teenage Dream' will sell more than ["One of the Boys"]," another senior label sales executive says. " 'Teenage Dream' will be one of those 'at the end of the day' records."
    Source: http://www.billboard.com/news/katy-perry-s-album-sales-spark-new-worries-1004112873.story#/news/katy-perry-s-album-sales-spark-new-worries-1004112873.story
    CONVERSATION CHAMBER
    CONVERSATION CHAMBER
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Rep : 1

Post by CONVERSATION CHAMBER Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:49 pm

Katy Perry's Honkers -- Too Hot for 'Sesame Street'

The 'Katy Perry' Discussion Thread 092110-katy-video-2-credit Katy Perry's breasts -- and song -- have been yanked from "Sesame Street" ... after the show began receiving complaints like, "DUDE MY SON SAW THIS AND GOT A BONER WTTTTTTTTTF."

READ MORE HERE...

Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:46 pm

I understand the "ligthen up" sentiments but let's be honest, it is a lot of cleavage for a children's show and I am sure if something more socially acceptable to be offended over was included in the show, the "lighten up" crowd would be the heaviest of all. Wink
    Impact
    Impact
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 75

Post by Impact Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:15 pm

Lighten up. That subtle bit of cleavage isn't going to incinerate a child's eyes. I'm sure they see more from their own mothers.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:01 pm

Impact wrote:Lighten up. That subtle bit of cleavage isn't going to incinerate a child's eyes. I'm sure they see more from their own mothers.
    We'll lighten up when people lighten up about other things. Wink
    SkwirtB
    SkwirtB
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Male
    Rep : 6

The 'Katy Perry' Discussion Thread Empty The birthday cake Rihanna gave to Katy Perry

Post by SkwirtB Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:36 pm

The birthday cake Rihanna gave to Katy Perry

The 'Katy Perry' Discussion Thread Katy-perrys-birthday-cake
    Wadsworth
    Wadsworth
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Male
    Rep : 16

Post by Wadsworth Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:10 pm

I'd eat the hell out that shit. "No homo".
    CONVERSATION CHAMBER
    CONVERSATION CHAMBER
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Rep : 1

Post by CONVERSATION CHAMBER Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:58 am

The 'Katy Perry' Discussion Thread S-KATY-PERRY-RUSSELL-BRAND-MARRIED-WEDDING-large RANTHAMBHORE NATIONAL PARK, India — Comedian Russell Brand and pop star Katy Perry were married Saturday in northwestern India, the couple confirmed in a statement.

READ MORE HERE...

Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male

The 'Katy Perry' Discussion Thread Empty Katy Perry Makes Billboard History

Post by Marc™ Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:49 am

Katy Perry Makes Billboard History
    The 'Katy Perry' Discussion Thread 502563-katy-perry-salute-617-409
    Getty Images

Katy Perry becomes the first female artist in 11 years to take three straight radio singles from an album to No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100, as "Firework" lifts 2-1. She first topped the chart in June for six weeks with "California Gurls," featuring Snoop Dogg. That was followed by a two-week stay at the top in September with "Teenage Dream," the title track from her former No. 1 Billboard 200 set, which was recently bestowed a Grammy nomination for album of the year.

Monica was the last female to scale the Hot 100 with three consecutive radio cuts from one album, when title cut "The Boy Is Mine," featuring Brandy, "The First Night" and "Angel of Mine" all hit No. 1 between June 1998 and February 1999.

"Firework" is Perry's fourth overall Hot 100 No. 1, as she also led the list for seven weeks in the summer of 2008 with "I Kissed a Girl," her first chart entry. "Firework's" ascension to No. 1 means that six different songs in the past six weeks have claimed the top Hot 100 ranking, extending a turnover ratio not seen in more than 20 years.

"Firework" sizzles at the top of Digital Songs for a second week with 212,000 downloads (down 9%), according to Nielsen SoundScan, while ranking as the week's top Airplay Gainer with a 12-8 lift on Radio Songs, up 25% to 83.3 million listener impressions, according to Nielsen BDS. Last week's No. 1, P!nk's "Raise Your Glass," drops to No. 2, while Rihanna continues to climb back up the list (5-3) with her former chart-topper "What's My Name?," featuring Drake. The Black Eyed Peas improve 9-4 with "The Time (Dirty Bit)" as the title moves into the runner-up slot on Digital Songs with 198,000 (up 10%). Their new album "The Beginning" starts at No. 6 on the Billboard 200, with 119,000.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male

Post by Chris Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:53 pm

New Song: Katy Perry – E.T (Ft. Kanye West)

The 'Katy Perry' Discussion Thread Katy-perry1
    Unlikely duo Kanye West and Katy Perry have joined forces for the latter’s new single ‘E.T.’

The follow-up to chart-topper "Firework" is the 4th release to be lifted from Perry’s sophomore set Teenage Dream; and is said to be the lead release from a repackage of the LP (the original does not feature West.)

Take a listen to the revised version of "E.T." below…
    RobbieFTW
    RobbieFTW
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.

Male
    Rep : 145

Post by RobbieFTW Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:45 pm

Sort of a different sound for her. More urbany pop but I like it.
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 26

Post by MandyPerfumeGirl Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:37 am

I love this song! Though on her album she doesn't have Kanye West on the song - what does she need him for now? I'll never understand this need for rappers.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male

Post by Chris Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:16 am

Katy Perry (feat. Kanye West) - ET [full video]

Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:47 am

Seems to me Katy is imitating Lady GAGA, hmmmmmmmmmm
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male

Post by Marc™ Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:18 am

The video is alright. It looks like they were trying to be elaborate on a limited budget.

As for the song....
    I can deal with the verses but the way it becomes louder and more "unhinged" sounding during the hook bothers me.
    RobbieFTW
    RobbieFTW

Male

Post by RobbieFTW Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:30 am

Katy Perry & Kanye West "ET" on American Idol

Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:43 pm

Looks like my girl Katy is doing a little GaGa copying. Good song.
    RobbieFTW
    RobbieFTW

Male

Post by RobbieFTW Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:31 pm

Yeah it's my fav Katy Perry song. Wasn't really a fan of hers until this album.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male

The 'Katy Perry' Discussion Thread Empty Katy Perry - Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.) [video]

Post by Chris Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:43 am

New Katy Perry video for "Last Friday Night"

RobbieFTW
    RobbieFTW

Male

Post by RobbieFTW Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:34 am

Hate the song it sounds like Miley Cyrus.
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 62

Post by (Oh!) Rob Petrie Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:44 am

The song is terrible, but the video is AMAZING.

I love the Debbie Gibson cameo.
    Kral
    Kral
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 30

Post by Kral Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:51 pm

I just plain don't like Katy Perry, she is like mixing together Avril Lavigne with Lady Gaga. Really really obnoxious.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:56 am