CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+3
Nystyle709
Alan Smithee
Chris
7 posters

Do you trust airport screeners with your property?

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Do you trust airport screeners with your property? Empty Do you trust airport screeners with your property?

Post by Chris Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:49 pm

Are you iffy about letting airport screeners handle and inspect your belongs?
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Do you trust airport screeners with your property? Empty Re: Do you trust airport screeners with your property?

Post by Alan Smithee Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:58 pm

We don't fly that often as it is and I can't recall them doing anything more than sending our bags through the x-ray machine. But damn skippy I keep an eye on any stranger handling my stuff.

"Have your bags been with you at all time?"
    "Right up until you made me send them off on that conveyor belt."
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Do you trust airport screeners with your property? Empty Re: Do you trust airport screeners with your property?

Post by Nystyle709 Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:20 pm

I have no choice. To answer the question, I'm not iffy about it. Real important items I carry on though. That way, I can check my bag immediately after they finish.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:23 pm

I don't mind them searching it, but the exit of that turntable on the screener can be a bit willy nilly to me. I watch like a hawk who's looking into my bin before I get to it.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:49 am

I'm flying out this afternoon and have gone thru enuf customs inspections that you just accept it. I think they even know not to check too closely the clothes separated in the plastic bag.

Leaving Miami I actually went thru one of those scanners for the first time. It is not like the original that showed a shadow image of all ur stuff, but just a diagram. Doesn't work all that well either - he felt my shoulders because it indicated something was there (wasn't)
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:53 am

Shale wrote:Doesn't work all that well either - he felt my shoulders because it indicated something was there (wasn't)

Are you positive?

Do you trust airport screeners with your property? Johnny-Knoxville-Men-in-Black-II.4
    AtownPeep
    AtownPeep
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 39

Post by AtownPeep Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:57 pm

I accept that it's part of the process so it doesn't bother me. Anything too personal, fragile or expensive I'd most likely leave home anyway.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:59 pm

I don't like it but we have no choice.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 9:54 pm