CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+4
Tony Marino
Nystyle709
CeCe
Chris
8 posters

Do you think reality TV has a negative impact on kids?

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Do you think reality TV has a negative impact on kids? Empty Do you think reality TV has a negative impact on kids?

Post by Chris Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:01 am

Would you allow your ten year old to watch reality television? Specifically a reality TV show that focuses on strangers living together and trying to get along (which inevitably shows fighting, cursing, flirtation/sex, etc., etc.)
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Do you think reality TV has a negative impact on kids? Empty Re: Do you think reality TV has a negative impact on kids?

Post by CeCe Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:09 am

I think it's having a negative impact on society in general. Most people already have their own trainwrecks without needing to watch other people have theirs. It's definitely degraded the quality of tv in general. Good luck finding something actually worth watching.

So no I doubt I's let a kid watch the exploits of these morons.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Do you think reality TV has a negative impact on kids? Empty Re: Do you think reality TV has a negative impact on kids?

Post by Nystyle709 Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:27 am

CeCe wrote:I think it's having a negative impact on society in general. Most people already have their own trainwrecks without needing to watch other people have theirs. It's definitely degraded the quality of tv in general. Good luck finding something actually worth watching.

co-signs
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:35 am

I would not let a 10 year old watch it, that is not appropriate for one so young.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:16 pm

CeCe wrote:I think it's having a negative impact on society in general. Most people already have their own trainwrecks without needing to watch other people have theirs. It's definitely degraded the quality of tv in general. Good luck finding something actually worth watching.

Bingo. And it's kind of like what Alice Cooper said about American Idol and America's Got Talent, all these shows are teaching kids, and not just the competition ones but all of them really, all it's showing is that any idiot can have his 15 minutes of fame and his own show, so that's what a lot of people aim for instead of actually working hard to perfect their talent and to actually achieve something. What is the point in that?
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:10 pm

I think they're having a negative impact on Western Civilization.
    Jason B.
    Jason B.
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 70

Post by Jason B. Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:13 pm

Most of those shows are rated "TV-14" or "TV-MA", so a 10 year old shouldn't be watching them anyway.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:20 pm

Jason B. wrote:Most of those shows are rated "TV-14" or "TV-MA", so a 10 year old shouldn't be watching them anyway.

But as we all well know, when was the last time that stopped anybody?
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:44 pm

Eh. I'm not a stickler when it comes to things like that. Especially if these reality shows are coming on during the early primetime hours (like 8pm.) Anything after 10, maybe....

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:05 am